Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:19:24 am

Author Topic: Because this sac was worth 22% is it over for me?  (Read 1143 times)  Share 

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Because this sac was worth 22% is it over for me?
« on: July 16, 2020, 06:02:59 pm »
+1
Okay so I got 36% on the SAC. It was even harder than a vcaa exam. My school aims to make SACs difficult in order to get a spread of students. They admitted they made this one a little too hard as the average was just under 50% or around 50% for about 150 kids. I go to school which is strong I guess? I can PM the school if it’ll help. But is 35 still achievable?

This is a D on last years grade distribution. I’m not sure if the SACs will scale up to a C I’m so depressed. But anyway I know I can get 60% on the exams because I knew my stuff but the SACs were just too hard. Stuff they hadn’t yet taught yet and we are learning today was on there.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Because this sac was worth 22% is it over for me?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »
+10
Not over for you. It was worth 22%. Yes that's a big figure. You know what's left? 78%. That's a whole lot more. And if the SAC was too hard it'll scale, pretty sure.
I don't know if it's achievable still, because I know little about this kind of stuff, but I do know that you shouldn't give up because of it. Keep trying and do your best.
:)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Nexica

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »
+7
Okay so I got 36% on the SAC. It was even harder than a vcaa exam. My school aims to make SACs difficult in order to get a spread of students. They admitted they made this one a little too hard as the average was just under 50% or around 50% for about 150 kids. I go to school which is strong I guess? I can PM the school if it’ll help. But is 35 still achievable?

This is a D on last years grade distribution. I’m not sure if the SACs will scale up to a C I’m so depressed. But anyway I know I can get 60% on the exams because I knew my stuff but the SACs were just too hard. Stuff they hadn’t yet taught yet and we are learning today was on there.

(I assume this is methods) No, it is not over.
The exams are worth 66%, so getting a SAC score that is lower than what you wanted won't demolish your chances of getting a 35.
lol

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 06:08:20 pm »
(I assume this is methods) No, it is not over.
The exams are worth 66%, so getting a SAC score that is lower than what you wanted won't demolish your chances of getting a 35.

But this SAC was worth 22% of my study score?
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 06:21:43 pm »
+7
But this SAC was worth 22% of my study score?

You're focusing too much on the 22% you lost - not the 66% you have yet to gain. This is the point everyone else is trying to make - maybe you'll need to score higher than you originally planned to, but that's still something you can do.

Last year, Richmond won the AFL premiership. Do you think they did that by focusing on the rounds they lost? Then, when they got to play against Geelong in the semi-finals, do you think they said, "we can't win - the last time we played, Geelong won!"? No - they said screw what has happened, and instead focused on what was in front of them.

That's what you need to do here - stop fixating on what you can't change, and instead think about what you can

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 11:14:46 pm »

i got a 40% on mine  :(
2020 subjects:
3/4 English - 3/4 Methods- 3/4 chemistry- 3/4 Biology- 3/4 psychology