Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:26 pm

Author Topic: Am I screwed for chemistry?  (Read 549 times)  Share 

uwuuu

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Am I screwed for chemistry?
« on: July 16, 2020, 04:38:29 pm »
Hi I recently bombed my unit 3 sacs I averaged around low 70% on my sacs :'). It's not that I don't understand the content, I am simply too careless when interpreting questions. If I work harder in unit 4 and average around 90% in my sacs and hopefully get around a 80%/B+ level in the exam do I still have hope to achieve a 35+ study score? For reference I am ranked high-mid in my class (rank 4~5) and a weaker cohort with the highest Sacs scores ranging around mid 80s. Thanks

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Am I screwed for chemistry?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 05:32:46 pm »
Hi I recently bombed my unit 3 sacs I averaged around low 70% on my sacs :'). It's not that I don't understand the content, I am simply too careless when interpreting questions. If I work harder in unit 4 and average around 90% in my sacs and hopefully get around a 80%/B+ level in the exam do I still have hope to achieve a 35+ study score? For reference I am ranked high-mid in my class (rank 4~5) and a weaker cohort with the highest Sacs scores ranging around mid 80s. Thanks
I can't really put a number of what you need for a 35+ SS but that goal is still very possible if you do well on your unit 4 sacs and score about an 80% on the exam.

Possibly an outlier year but in 2019 an 80% on the exam was an A+ (75% was the cut-off).
In a normal year, 80% is around the low A+/high A range.