Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:33:21 am

Author Topic: Rabi'a al-addiwiyya/sufism notes (Islam Sig person)  (Read 6031 times)  Share 

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Rabi'a al-addiwiyya/sufism notes (Islam Sig person)
« on: July 14, 2016, 03:29:17 pm »
+2
Hi completely typical for my teacher, she has made us to rabi'a for our islam significant person and i cannot find much information on her at all!! The only major thing i know is that she was integral into sufism's formation/practice so i could switch to that if noone has anything to bring to the table.

Courtesy of atarnotes, (specifically Elyse Popplewell) ;D ;) i have all the other topics covered in the summary i bought.

Thanks for your contributions!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
Re: Rabi'a al-addiwiyya/sufism notes (Islam Sig person)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 09:22:34 am »
Can anyone help me out here or do you recommend I study a different person in Islam (eg A'isha) that there is heaps of resources for and already have brilliant summaries on due to the complete course notes (thanks elyse ;D)

Any advice is appreciated and considered :D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 10:27:30 am »
+1
Can anyone help me out here or do you recommend I study a different person in Islam (eg A'isha) that there is heaps of resources for and already have brilliant summaries on due to the complete course notes (thanks elyse ;D)

Any advice is appreciated and considered :D

Glad you love those course notes!! Elyse worked super hard on making them awesome even if she won't say so herself  ;)

I really hope someone can help you out!! I'd personally stick with your current person/school of thought for Trials (since they are so close), then maybe switch for your HSC! You'll have to be super self motivated to do it though, not an easy decision to make, only you yourself know whether you have the time and discipline to learn about a significant person from scratch good enough for the HSC. Of course, the notes are a massive help, and of course, we are here to help you consolidate your knowledge as well  ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 01:40:07 pm »
I really hope someone can help you out!! I'd personally stick with your current person/school of thought for Trials (since they are so close), then maybe switch for your HSC! You'll have to be super self motivated to do it though, not an easy decision to make, only you yourself know whether you have the time and discipline to learn about a significant person from scratch good enough for the HSC.

I know I am in a rather tough situation at the moment, but I could easily change to Sufism (although this is a school of thought and would thus bring up the question of how a school of thought is different to a significant person as I have never done a school of thought before). Considering this logic:

I have to do 2 Section II and 1 Section III.
If the section III question is on linking more than one, i have my other two depth studies to fall back on. If the Section II asks for sig person/school of thought and ethics (for example) than I could do another depth study there, use my minimal knowledge on Rabi'a (which is mostly about Sufism and Mysticism) and lose maybe 2-4 marks, depending on the questions mark allocation.
Besides that, I cannot see any other circumstances that would require me to know about the school of thought/significant person, so should I change to Sufism (a minor change which has some notes) or A'isha (a major change which has great summary notes) or keep Rabi'a (no change but essentially no notes)

Thanks for your advice and feel free to ask me what any of the above means seeing as I think I just had a massive waffling vent over nothing  ;D ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:38:35 pm »
I know I am in a rather tough situation at the moment, but I could easily change to Sufism (although this is a school of thought and would thus bring up the question of how a school of thought is different to a significant person as I have never done a school of thought before). Considering this logic:

I have to do 2 Section II and 1 Section III.
If the section III question is on linking more than one, i have my other two depth studies to fall back on. If the Section II asks for sig person/school of thought and ethics (for example) than I could do another depth study there, use my minimal knowledge on Rabi'a (which is mostly about Sufism and Mysticism) and lose maybe 2-4 marks, depending on the questions mark allocation.
Besides that, I cannot see any other circumstances that would require me to know about the school of thought/significant person, so should I change to Sufism (a minor change which has some notes) or A'isha (a major change which has great summary notes) or keep Rabi'a (no change but essentially no notes)

Thanks for your advice and feel free to ask me what any of the above means seeing as I think I just had a massive waffling vent over nothing  ;D ;D

Ahhh clever, that's very true!! It's a dangerous game to play, be careful with it, but you are right that playing with your options will let you hide the weakness either way  ;D

The decision is yours alone. I'd normally always just stick with your class but it does seem like your resources are lacking. It might be worth seeing how you go in Trials before learning a whole new set of information and analysis, but if you feel confident about making a change, then go for it and we'll support you all the way  ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 07:23:01 pm »
Ahhh clever, that's very true!! It's a dangerous game to play, be careful with it, but you are right that playing with your options will let you hide the weakness either way  ;D

The decision is yours alone. I'd normally always just stick with your class but it does seem like your resources are lacking. It might be worth seeing how you go in Trials before learning a whole new set of information and analysis, but if you feel confident about making a change, then go for it and we'll support you all the way  ;D
Hey Jamon thanks for all your advice and help :D I was doing a Section II 8 marker today and I could honestly not get the 1- 1 1/2 pages that was required without talking about Sufism. Once I talk about Sufism, I can easily fill up the lines. So my decision is to go with Sufism as I have already practically learnt all there is to know as that was Rabi'a's (only) claim to fame!
Thanks ;D

CinnamonTea

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Prairie wood High
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 11:12:51 pm »
+2
Aisha Bint Abu Bakr is an awesome choice to go for significant person:
-she narrated over 2000 Hadiths
-she critiqued and authenticated Hadiths
-she catalysed quaranic revelations through her experiences
-she was a scholar of all scholar, very well versed about the Quran
-she catalysed the split between Shia and Sunni
Thats enough points to write an essay, but the impact of her contributions allows to you to gain the marks. If anyone needs help, feel free to ask.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 11:53:17 pm »
Hey Jamon thanks for all your advice and help :D I was doing a Section II 8 marker today and I could honestly not get the 1- 1 1/2 pages that was required without talking about Sufism. Once I talk about Sufism, I can easily fill up the lines. So my decision is to go with Sufism as I have already practically learnt all there is to know as that was Rabi'a's (only) claim to fame!
Thanks ;D

Excellent!! Good on you for making a decision based on practice, absolute best thing for you  ;D best of luck with it all! Let us know if we can give you any sort of help  ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 07:07:08 am »
Thanks! I sure will let you know if I need anything!!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »
+1
Just bumping this up (bos style- BUMP! ;)) to see if there is anyone who can help me with Rabi'a or Sufism for the Islam Significant Person or school of thought :D

If not thats fine ill just flunk this part then  :-\ :-X

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 05:48:36 pm »
Just bumping this up (bos style- BUMP! ;)) to see if there is anyone who can help me with Rabi'a or Sufism for the Islam Significant Person or school of thought :D

If not thats fine ill just flunk this part then  :-\ :-X

I can't help you much at all with this, but I will suggest that you know Sufism well, which you say you do, and then just memorise the "few" things Rabi'a has contributed like the back of your hand. Know those things, even if there are only a few, so well, inside out, back to front. The markers know that there is an inequality of resources available and they will take this into consideration with the less popular options. But, if it is true that the contribution is lesser than that of another significant person, then there's no excuse not to have read the few resources there are! Does that make sense? Basically, it might have to wait until after trials, but have a library day where you literally search the corners of the internet, look in all kinds of books, and jot down everything there is. Then try compile it together in a paragraph/essay or study notes, and then you can put it to bed! Because I had a significant person with an abundance of resources, I felt like I could never stop researching. Your luxury is that once you've read all you can find, you put it to bed until you need to use it to study from officially for the next exams (HSC exams- ahhhhhhhh).
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 05:54:29 pm »
I can't help you much at all with this, but I will suggest that you know Sufism well, which you say you do, and then just memorise the "few" things Rabi'a has contributed like the back of your hand. Know those things, even if there are only a few, so well, inside out, back to front. The markers know that there is an inequality of resources available and they will take this into consideration with the less popular options. But, if it is true that the contribution is lesser than that of another significant person, then there's no excuse not to have read the few resources there are! Does that make sense? Basically, it might have to wait until after trials, but have a library day where you literally search the corners of the internet, look in all kinds of books, and jot down everything there is. Then try compile it together in a paragraph/essay or study notes, and then you can put it to bed! Because I had a significant person with an abundance of resources, I felt like I could never stop researching. Your luxury is that once you've read all you can find, you put it to bed until you need to use it to study from officially for the next exams (HSC exams- ahhhhhhhh).

Thanks so much for your advice elyse!!
Legend as usual.. ;)

I'll be sure to put this into my schedule of completing my major work, sitting 4 more trial exams, doing an english assessment post-trials and sporting commitments as well as uac applications and some me time. (Lol, dont mean to be sarcastic just reminding myself of the things i have to do)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 06:14:37 pm »
Thanks so much for your advice elyse!!
Legend as usual.. ;)

I'll be sure to put this into my schedule of completing my major work, sitting 4 more trial exams, doing an english assessment post-trials and sporting commitments as well as uac applications and some me time. (Lol, dont mean to be sarcastic just reminding myself of the things i have to do)

Totally! The major work must be due soon is it? Put trials and your major first, and the rest will fall in sequential order! :)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 06:17:25 pm »
Totally! The major work must be due soon is it? Put trials and your major first, and the rest will fall in sequential order! :)
My major work is due on the Friday (and the trials finish on the Wednesday)
We are in Week 1 of Trials atm right? Well trials finish the Wednesday 3rd week of the trials and major is due on the friday that week.

Not stressing at all!!  :o
OMG OMG how am i gonna do this in time

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 08:49:43 pm »
My major work is due on the Friday (and the trials finish on the Wednesday)
We are in Week 1 of Trials atm right? Well trials finish the Wednesday 3rd week of the trials and major is due on the friday that week.

Not stressing at all!!  :o
OMG OMG how am i gonna do this in time
Yep, week one for CSSA!

Good luck! Feel free to share the stress with other DT students on a forum!