Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:49 pm

Author Topic: VCE Psychology Exam - 31/10/19 - Discussion/Questions/Solutions  (Read 13605 times)

LachlanBarr8

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
Re: VCE Psychology Exam - 31/10/19 - Discussion/Questions/Solutions
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 07:47:17 pm »
what did yall write for the question where it's like, ' why did the trainer use a negative stimulus in the first stage? '
I hope so too, but idk . . . seems unlikely

i went on the lines of 1. Through the eyes of operant conditioning e.g. i think i said something like it acts as a punisher which will decrease the liklihood of the dog approaching the snake 2. Through the eyes of classical conditioning e.g. i think i said something like it will cause the dog to associate snakes with pain from the shock and so will avoid them
2019: Psychology [44], Religion & Society [48]

2020: Accounting [41], English [48], Further [45], Methods [37]

ATAR: 99.00

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 07:57:04 pm »
i went on the lines of 1. Through the eyes of operant conditioning e.g. i think i said something like it acts as a punisher which will decrease the liklihood of the dog approaching the snake 2. Through the eyes of classical conditioning e.g. i think i said something like it will cause the dog to associate snakes with pain from the shock and so will avoid them

whew

that's similar to what I wrote, I talked about aspects of how the reaction is precipitated through cc and perpetuated via positive reinforcement (operant conditioning)

thnx
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 08:02:40 pm »
whew

that's similar to what I wrote, I talked about aspects of how the reaction is precipitated through cc and perpetuated via positive reinforcement (operant conditioning)

thnx

Oh wow. Damn I honestly didn't even think about it that way, but that makes sense 100%. I think I just wrote something completely random. Was that question out of 2 or 4 marks do you remember? It seemed really ambiguous to me, especially since we had never covered what a 'negative stimulus' was in class before.
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 08:13:53 pm »
Also how much did you guys link the ER back to the scenario? In all honesty I was so nervous that I worked with one piece of information being the student hearing 'your locker number is 36' for the entire question without linking anything else in. Will it be penalised a lot?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:23:07 pm by NomotivationF »
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

briv01

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 08:20:54 pm »
For the negative stimulus question, I didn’t explicitly state operant and classical conditioning but I did those two concepts, I said
1) they’ll associate the negative stimulus ( shock ) with snakes and learn to avoid snakes  ( conditioned stimulus )
2) they’ll be negatively reinforced to avoid the negative stimulus through avoidance behaviour as the aversive stimulus is being taken away to reinforce the avoidance behaviour  ( I wasn’t sure if I should use punishment ) 

For the ten marker, I tried to talk about the scenario in my responses but I used generic ones like the teacher’ voice saying hello or what the teacher  was wearing or the school classroom setting, etc

afnan900

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 08:53:54 pm »
+1
Also how much did you guys link the ER back to the scenario? In all honesty I was so nervous that I worked with one piece of information being the student hearing 'your locker number is 36' for the entire question without linking anything else in. Will it be penalised a lot?
I did something similar :( but instead i talked about the student listening to the teacher in class and how it progresses through their memory..
Then i heard people discussed loftus' research and I then realised how screwed I was haha..

LachlanBarr8

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2019, 09:25:54 pm »
I rushed it so forgot to use examples from the situation for heaps, so my response was really generic :(  (wont get above 7 i think then), but i talked about role of adrenaline in emotionally arousing experiences (and so the amygdala/hippocampus/episodic memory etc.), LTP, context dependent cues (ran out of time to do state), elaborative rehearsal (not sure about this) and memory reconstruction in general as well as Loftus' proposal of memory reconstruction.
2019: Psychology [44], Religion & Society [48]

2020: Accounting [41], English [48], Further [45], Methods [37]

ATAR: 99.00

gpeace

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2019, 07:27:52 am »
Any chance anyone has the multiple choice solutions??? I just wanna see how bad I did because so far it’s not looking good :(

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2019, 08:45:56 am »
Anyone think will Psych get scaled up this year i hope so or stays the same

History would suggest probably not, but who knows? If you can avoid it, it's probably not worth thinking about too much. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
+1
Any chance anyone has the multiple choice solutions??? I just wanna see how bad I did because so far it’s not looking good :(

This year I haven't looked at the exam and thus been unable to share suggested solutions. It's very common in and after exams to second guess yourself. Since you can't do anything about it now anyway, I suggest you focus on avoidance coping strategies like focusing on any other exams and trying not to dwell on it

Good luck to everyone

KiNSKi01

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 12:43:03 pm »
History would suggest probably not, but who knows? If you can avoid it, it's probably not worth thinking about too much. :)

Yo this is kinda off topic but if you did Psyc last year but you are completing VCE and receiving your ATAR this year, is your psyc score from last year scaled based on last years scaling or this years scaling ... it's last years right?

I know some people that have been going around saying that us psyc accelerators last year might be lucky cos our scores might get scaled up because of how tough this years exam was - lmfao i hope this is true but i dont think so
ATAR: 98.20

'18:
Physics - 42
Psychology - 40

'19:
English Language -42
Chemistry - 40
Further Maths - 45
Maths Methods - 40

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2019, 12:48:17 pm »
Yo this is kinda off topic but if you did Psyc last year but you are completing VCE and receiving your ATAR this year, is your psyc score from last year scaled based on last years scaling or this years scaling ... it's last years right?

I know some people that have been going around saying that us psyc accelerators last year might be lucky cos our scores might get scaled up because of how tough this years exam was - lmfao i hope this is true but i dont think so

You are scaled the same as the cohort you complete the subject in - not based on the year you graduate

KiNSKi01

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2019, 12:49:51 pm »
You are scaled the same as the cohort you complete the subject in - not based on the year you graduate

Thanks for clarifying  :D

Wouldn't have thought it would make any sense the other way
ATAR: 98.20

'18:
Physics - 42
Psychology - 40

'19:
English Language -42
Chemistry - 40
Further Maths - 45
Maths Methods - 40

emmazzopardi

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2019, 12:41:51 pm »
This year I haven't looked at the exam and thus been unable to share suggested solutions. It's very common in and after exams to second guess yourself. Since you can't do anything about it now anyway, I suggest you focus on avoidance coping strategies like focusing on any other exams and trying not to dwell on it

Good luck to everyone

Will you have the chance to see the exam and make solutions eventually? Or do you know if anyone else will?
Thanks