Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 08:26:01 pm

Author Topic: Study holiday plans?  (Read 1034 times)

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Study holiday plans?
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:40:28 am »
Hey! I was wondering what everyone's study plans are for the holidays?  :) How much are you going to do in a day? Are you finishing all your work???
2018 HSC

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Study holiday plans?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:20:22 pm »
Hey! I was wondering what everyone's study plans are for the holidays?  :) How much are you going to do in a day? Are you finishing all your work???
I'll probably be relaxing a bit during the first week- taking things slow and doing a bit of study in between. Over the holidays, I'm doing some volunteering so that'll help me take my mind off things. However, I do need to do some of my Major Work so that'll be my biggest focus towards the end of the holidays.
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 01:02:29 pm »

A lot to make up for the losses of half yearlies as well as practicing to relax and calm down as my I tend to worry and panic... My ambitions stems from hatred so I am in the process of getting over that (I am planning to write it down on my hsc journal the reasons behind my ambitions but not too sure yet)
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 04:24:08 pm »
I'll probably be relaxing a bit during the first week- taking things slow and doing a bit of study in between. Over the holidays, I'm doing some volunteering so that'll help me take my mind off things. However, I do need to do some of my Major Work so that'll be my biggest focus towards the end of the holidays.

Good idea to volunteer - great way to take your mind off the HSC. Yeah same, I have the first acrylic layer of my artwork due on the first day back at school so I have a solid 2 weeks to work on that - it's good because it's really forcing me to get into it (I sometimes push aside my art major work because it stresses me out that much but I'm onto it now so that's good).

A lot to make up for the losses of half yearlies as well as practicing to relax and calm down as my I tend to worry and panic... My ambitions stems from hatred so I am in the process of getting over that (I am planning to write it down on my hsc journal the reasons behind my ambitions but not too sure yet)

Oh yeah I remember reading some of your HSC journal! I have also found that physically writing in a journal can work heaps as well - it can be a good way to spill out worries about the hsc that you don't necessarily want a whole community of people to know about - otherwise the act of pen on paper for reasons other than working can be quite therapeutic. I agree with you in that I'm going to be working but at the same time calming myself down and relaxing because I was in a really negative mindset in the last weeks of term 1 and half yearlies  :-\ - I need to use this time to get out of it.

Mod edit: merged double post
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:38:24 pm by K888 »
2018 HSC