Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 06:04:59 am

Author Topic: HSC Premier's Award for All-Round Excellence? Still a thing?  (Read 4492 times)

leotlion

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
HSC Premier's Award for All-Round Excellence? Still a thing?
« on: April 12, 2018, 06:35:12 pm »
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering, out of curiosity, whether or not you receive anything extra if you manage to get 10+ units of Band 6 or E4 results for the HSC other than being placed on the All-Round Achievers List?
Like do you receive an extra certificate or something?
I vaguely recall that there used to be this morning tea hosted for all-round achievers before in the past but now they can't host it anymore because there are way too many people who manage to acquire that achievement nowadays to be able to fit at one morning tea!
I also saw this photo of this medal which they gave out to all-round achievers but that photo was from 2008 which is like a decade ago! Is that still a thing? Or have they gotten rid of that as well?

(And I just finished my half yearly exams today so yay!!!!!!!)
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced) | Mathematics Extension 1 | Mathematics Extension 2 | Biology | Business Studies | Modern History

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: HSC Premier's Award for All-Round Excellence? Still a thing?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:08:14 pm »
Hey!! Congratulations on finishing exams!! ;D

I was a 2014 All Rounder, I got a letter and a certificate from the Premier (or the assistant to the assistant to the Premier probably, aha) - No idea if that's still the case!!

No morning tea though - Such a bummer ;)

leotlion

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »
+1

I was a 2014 All Rounder, I got a letter and a certificate from the Premier (or the assistant to the assistant to the Premier probably, aha) - No idea if that's still the case!!

Hahaha thanks for your reply and congrats on getting that achievement! That's nice to hear that you still got a certificate; fingers crossed that they'll have one for my year (and that I can hopefully get Band 6s in all my subjects!)

Yeah, bummer about the morning tea. And the lack of medal as well. I've attached an image which I found on the Board of Studies website of the medal which was given to 2008 All-Round Achievers :)
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced) | Mathematics Extension 1 | Mathematics Extension 2 | Biology | Business Studies | Modern History

Annie657

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 04:22:04 pm »
Hahaha thanks for your reply and congrats on getting that achievement! That's nice to hear that you still got a certificate; fingers crossed that they'll have one for my year (and that I can hopefully get Band 6s in all my subjects!)

Yeah, bummer about the morning tea. And the lack of medal as well. I've attached an image which I found on the Board of Studies website of the medal which was given to 2008 All-Round Achievers :)

We got extra certificates in 2017 so you should be all good!
2017 HSC: Adv English | Mathematics | Maths Ext 1 | Chemistry | Biology | Geography |

2018-2022: MBBS at Western Sydney University :)