Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:14 pm

Author Topic: English Essay Question Help  (Read 1652 times)

martinnguyen1778

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
English Essay Question Help
« on: April 03, 2018, 06:55:07 pm »
Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a good day.

I currently need help with the following essay question on module C: exploring transitions - "The significance of the experience of transition lies in individuals gaining a deeper understanding of themselves and others"

Could anyone please explain what exactly this means?

Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: English Essay Question Help
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 07:01:46 pm »
+2
Hey!

I think I recognise that question... pretty sure it was from my HSC 🤔 *war flashbacks*

For this question, you’ll need to show the transitions of characters in your text, and the transformations they undergo as a result of their journey of transition. For example, I did Billy Elliot, so I would talk about Billy’s difficult journey of transition, which led him on a path of understanding and acceptance. The question also asks for the significance of transition, so in my case, I would talk about the life-changing nature of transition.

This essay question is pretty much every exploring transitions essay – only a few words are different. Make sure to chuck in a few words from the question to make sure to have links back to it. :-)

Hope this helps!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

martinnguyen1778

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: English Essay Question Help
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:47:37 pm »
Hey!

I think I recognise that question... pretty sure it was from my HSC 🤔 *war flashbacks*

For this question, you’ll need to show the transitions of characters in your text, and the transformations they undergo as a result of their journey of transition. For example, I did Billy Elliot, so I would talk about Billy’s difficult journey of transition, which led him on a path of understanding and acceptance. The question also asks for the significance of transition, so in my case, I would talk about the life-changing nature of transition.

This essay question is pretty much every exploring transitions essay – only a few words are different. Make sure to chuck in a few words from the question to make sure to have links back to it. :-)

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much Fantasticbeasts.

It is very helpful!