Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:04:04 am

Author Topic: Scaling Q  (Read 750 times)

mxrylyn

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Scaling Q
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:21:49 pm »
Hello.

(I was not quite sure which forum to put this question in.)

I am the only maths extension 2 student in my class. I was wondering how my scaling and moderation is going to work.

I was also wondering how scaling and moderation would work in my maths extension 1 class where there are two students.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:27:02 pm by mxrylyn »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Scaling Q
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 12:43:31 pm »
+1
Hi there!

We have a section on technical score discussion, but that's cool! ;D

My understanding is:

- As the only student, the process of moderation won't apply to you. Your HSC mark will become your overall mark (there might be some hidden NESA wizardry to include your internal results in some way that I'm not aware of). Assuming normal process though, your HSC mark will become your internal moderated mark.
- In MX1, your internal moderated mark will become the exam mark associated with your rank. That is, if you come first, you'll get the higher exam mark out of the two of you as your internal mark. Come second, you'll get the lower - Which means it's important you help your classmate and you push each other up ;D

You can give this guide a read to see how scaling works, as that will happen for you the same as everyone else: https://atarnotes.com/how-does-scaling-work/

I hope this help! :)

mxrylyn

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Scaling Q
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 12:52:29 pm »
Hi there!

We have a section on technical score discussion, but that's cool! ;D

My understanding is:

- As the only student, the process of moderation won't apply to you. Your HSC mark will become your overall mark (there might be some hidden NESA wizardry to include your internal results in some way that I'm not aware of). Assuming normal process though, your HSC mark will become your internal moderated mark.
- In MX1, your internal moderated mark will become the exam mark associated with your rank. That is, if you come first, you'll get the higher exam mark out of the two of you as your internal mark. Come second, you'll get the lower - Which means it's important you help your classmate and you push each other up ;D

You can give this guide a read to see how scaling works, as that will happen for you the same as everyone else: https://atarnotes.com/how-does-scaling-work/

I hope this help! :)

This helps a lot. Thank you very much.