Login | Register
Enrol now for our new online tutoring program. Learn from the best tutors. Get amazing results. Learn more.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 25, 2021, 12:21:11 am

Author Topic: How did you find out about/ discover ATAR Notes?  (Read 905 times)

Amity H

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +5
How did you find out about/ discover ATAR Notes?
« on: May 08, 2021, 08:05:57 pm »
+14
Hi, Iím new here and was wondering how people discovered this place  :P

Personally, I saw an older student with an ATAR notes text guide at school and that made me look up the website. Now Iíve bought 2 or 3 books, signed up for some lectures, and found out interesting stuff on the forums!!

Keen to hear other peoplesí experiences!
Graduating yr 12 in Qld 2021
I study General English, Maths Methods, Music, Biology and Latin (any fellow Latin people here?)
Life is busy!

insanipi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3415
Re: How did you find out about/ discover ATAR Notes?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 08:13:40 pm »
+9
Welcome to the forum! ;D

Oh this is a good question!

@Calebark and another friend invited (what felt like) most of my year 12 cohort to go to the January 2016 lectures and the forums were advertised - and jumped on here, rest is history. I'm still here many years later aha :D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) (Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics- focusing on molecular biol and editing of glowy proteins (using CRISPR/Cas9))
Read my uni journey here!
2021: ?

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +319
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 08:31:28 pm »
+8
I know heids. 'Nuff said.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T1:
HNM101
HNN112
HNN120
HBS109
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Formerly The Cat In The Hat.

katie,rinos

• HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1129
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 08:47:21 pm »
+6
Welcome to the forums!!  ;D

- I joined AN at the end of May 2017 (during year 12) to download Ancient notes for an assignment (and I didnít really know/care too much about the forum).
- Saw the trial lectures advertised on Facebook and was thinking about going to Ancient/English but wasnít too sure.
- Saw Susie at the Western Sydney Careers expo, and she was really enthusiastic/passionate about AN and history. Told/encouraged me to post on the History Extension debate thread. Made my first post two days later on the first post thread and then later posted on the debate thread.
- Went to the English, Ancient and Legal lectures and started posting a lot more afterwards and there was an amazingly supportive  community of people on AN. I became a moderator during trials and am still on the forums now!  :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

beep boop

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 09:25:11 pm »
+7

Personally, I saw an older student with an ATAR notes text guide at school and that made me look up the website. Now Iíve bought 2 or 3 books, signed up for some lectures, and found out interesting stuff on the forums!!

I joined atar notes not too long ago. I have known AN for a while now, but it didn't really matter to me because I wasn't in VCE yet. Since I'm doing 2 3/4 subjects, I looked for tips and tricks for each subject. However, this did not compel me to join AN. After seeing a few classmates using the 3/4 bio AN book, I guessed that finally made me make an account with AN. Tbh, being on AN is great. I can stay in the loop and PM the great authors of subject guides. Everyone is extremely supportive and I don't feel embarrassed when I ask for help. 

I hope you enjoy AN just as much as I do!

Beep boop over and out.
class of '22

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3594
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 09:42:01 pm »
+8
I first heard about it in a lecture but mostly I started using the forums because a friend told me about them

SnekiSnek

• Trailblazer
  • I cry probably 200% more than the average person
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 12:49:11 pm »
+5

Personally I was searching through the internet for methods notes and stumbled upon ATAR notes! After utilising those notes I decided that hopefully I could help others once I complete my VCE journey
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology