Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:33:21 pm

Author Topic: Will one failed unit affect my overall unit 1 and 2 score?  (Read 2033 times)  Share 

anonymous2017

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hey guys,

I've been doing mathematical methods 1&2 in year 10 for about a term, and i just did an exam that i know i failed and not just failed but failed really bad on. Will i be able to redeem myself by doing well on other unit exams or will this affect my overall score and ability to do 3&4 in year 11? I've gotten over 70 in my previous 2 tests but the one i recently completed would be around the 20-30% mark. I'm really stressed as i have never gotten a mark like this ever before :( . Also if anyone can explain how the VCE system works in regards to 1&2 vs 3&4 that would also be greatly appreciated!

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
Re: Will one failed unit affect my overall unit 1 and 2 score?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 05:24:01 pm »
+1
Hey guys,

I've been doing mathematical methods 1&2 in year 10 for about a term, and i just did an exam that i know i failed and not just failed but failed really bad on. Will i be able to redeem myself by doing well on other unit exams or will this affect my overall score and ability to do 3&4 in year 11? I've gotten over 70 in my previous 2 tests but the one i recently completed would be around the 20-30% mark. I'm really stressed as i have never gotten a mark like this ever before :( . Also if anyone can explain how the VCE system works in regards to 1&2 vs 3&4 that would also be greatly appreciated!

Hey hey, so this won't affect your overall ATAR at all! Hope that alleviates a bit of your worry, as long as you pass the redemption SAC or task or your coursework is good enough to earn an S you will pass the unit. Unit 1+2 relies only on Satisfactory/Not Satisfactory, your scores don't contribute to anything but this S or N. Whereas in 3/4 your SAC scores determine your ranking and therefore your study score at the end of the year. Based on your previous scores, you're doing really well! So don't stress, chalk it up to experience  :)
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: Will one failed unit affect my overall unit 1 and 2 score?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 06:46:37 pm »
+1
Hey guys,

Unit 1 and 2 does not affect your study score or ATAR, but it will affect your foundation knowledge for unit 3/4. But here is the thing if you work really hard you could still score well in methods.