Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:58:52 pm

Author Topic: RESONANCES + DISSONANCES QUICK QUESTION  (Read 3799 times)

I.09

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
RESONANCES + DISSONANCES QUICK QUESTION
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:21:38 am »
Hey

What does resonances and dissonances WITHIN texts mean?
I know that resonances and dissonances BETWEEN texts are like the differences between them but what does within mean?

Thanks,
Irene

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
Re: RESONANCES + DISSONANCES QUICK QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 11:23:30 am »
+3
Hey

What does resonances and dissonances WITHIN texts mean?
I know that resonances and dissonances BETWEEN texts are like the differences between them but what does within mean?

Thanks,
Irene

I'd say that "resonances and dissonances within a text" generally refers to how the themes and characterisations within a text evolve and interact with each other, and the resulting similarities and differences. If a particular theme or idea remains unchanging and supported by other themes and concepts, then it would be resonant and reveal part of the author's intentions to perhaps impart this onto the audience. Conversely, if a theme or characterisation is constantly being challenged and comes into conflict with other ideas, then that also would reveal part of the author's intentions and perhaps personal beliefs, which might work to challenge the audience on their own perspectives on an issue. You can be quite flexible with how you interpret the idea of resonances and dissonances, and it helps if you link it back to the rest of the module.

Hope this helps! Feel free to post below if you have any other follow up questions  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:42:19 am by Justin_L »
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора

I.09

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: RESONANCES + DISSONANCES QUICK QUESTION
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 11:47:49 am »
Thank you so so much.

I have been given the following essay statement:
When texts talk to each other we realise the richness of meaning that can transcend contexts and forms.
To what extent is this statement true in the light of your study of the module Textual Conversations?
In your response, make detailed reference to the pair of prescribed texts that you have studied in Module A: King Richard III and Looking for Richard.

I am really stuck and really confused about how to form a thesis. The "richness of meaning" is what I am really confused about. Do you have any advice or guidance?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks