Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:46:22 pm

Author Topic: To what extent were the attempts at peace making affected by the Israeli settler  (Read 3390 times)  Share 

Danebank

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Any tips on how to start this would be fantastic.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Can you narrow down your argument? Time in history precisely? Specific settlements? Etcetera.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
Any tips on how to start this would be fantastic.

Hey Danebank,

Welcome to the ATAR Notes Forums!

Just for future reference, I recommend keeping your title concise and adding additional information into the body of your post. This just allows us to give more detailed advice, and allows you to get much more relevant responses to your questions. Currently your post is quite vague, which makes it difficult for us to respond to your post. You can use the edit button to modify and add more detail to your post, or reply below to provide more context. If you have any questions about posting etiquette on ATAR Notes, feel free to check out and ask in the New Users Lounge.

You haven't provided much detail in your topic, so I'm going to assume you're doing the HSC Arab–Israeli Conflict 1948–1996 case study, and that you're referring to the syllabus dot point "rise and significance of the Israeli settler movement in the Occupied Territories"

To be able to effectively answer this question, you need an understanding of the significance of the occupied territories. To massively oversimplify things, these territories included the Gaza Strip, West Bank, Golan Heights and Sinai Peninsula, which were captured by Israel during the Six Day War and by 1977, essentially acted as "buffer states" against Israel and the Arab nations. This becomes a topic of contention due to Israel's political policy of aggressive settlement and development by the Likud Party (The right wing), later leading to the first and second Intifadas. These Intifadas then later drove extremism from both sides, which would later make the occupied territories (and by extension the Israeli settler movement) a crucial topic in peace treaties and negotiations.

Just from this short overview, some topic points may be the effects of Likud vs Labour policy on the Israeli settler movement and subsequent peace negotiations, the impact of the intifada, and the impact of Jewish extremism on peace in response to escalating tensions in the region. Some starting points I would recommend for research include the Allon Plan (plans for Jewish settlement and annexation), the Peace Now” movement in Israel (public perception of the occupation), and the Oslo Accords (attempted negotiations).

It's very difficult to provide relevant advice with such limited information, but hopefully this was helpful! Feel free to post below to clarify any additional questions you may have, and make sure to check out some of the other resources we have on the forums!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:39:10 pm by Justin_L »
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора