Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 03:03:44 pm

Author Topic: Strong Vs Weak VCE cohort  (Read 1115 times)  Share 

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +158
Strong Vs Weak VCE cohort
« on: January 30, 2021, 02:38:22 pm »
This is probably a dumb question but I wanted to ask, what are the pros and cons of completing VCE in a strong cohort and the pros and cons of completing VCE in a weak cohort? And how will they affect my VCE performance?

Any answers are greatly appreciated,
1729  8)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Strong Vs Weak VCE cohort
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 02:54:29 pm »
+7
This is probably a dumb question but I wanted to ask, what are the pros and cons of completing VCE in a strong cohort and the pros and cons of completing VCE in a weak cohort? And how will they affect my VCE performance?

Any answers are greatly appreciated,
1729  8)
I guess in a strong cohort you can afford to not be rank 1 and still end up with good scaled sacs. Theoretically, this shouldn't be a problem in weak cohorts but if the teacher makes easy sacs in a weak cohort they can mess up the rankings resulting in someone who should be rank 1 being down lower.

In a strong cohort you also will have other students around you which are doing well so you are maybe more likely able to get help if you need it.

The way VCAA has set up the system it shouldn't matter as long as you end up with a rank that suits you (and as much as everyone would like to think this is not rank 1 for everyone). The problems occur when via whatever reason someone is ranking either too high/low.