Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:06:19 am

Author Topic: ❄ - AspiringAntelope's arduous VCE Journal - ❄  (Read 3139 times)

aspiringantelope

❄ - AspiringAntelope's arduous VCE Journal - ❄
« on: November 27, 2018, 04:33:39 pm »
+11
Hello everyone ☀
I guess that now the holidays have began, I should start the writing of my lengthy VCE Journal that is to come.

As of 2019, I will be moving to Year 10, where our school allows students to have a taste of the notorious VCE subjects.☠ I will be taking Units 1/2 for a L.O.T.E, as well as Units 1/2 for Mathematical Methods. For me, it will be the beginning of a frightening, yet interesting period, in which I am hopeful to triumph over and be awarded with invaluable experience for future plans.

Throughout the span of the years, I will be updating my progress through the "labyrinth".

I hope that all members of this wonderful forum will show solicitude to all people who have taken their time to write their journal.

Thanks (27/11/2018)

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: ❄ - AspiringAntelope's arduous VCE Journal - ❄
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:40:34 pm »
+6
Hello everyone ☀
I guess that now the holidays have began, I should start the writing of my lengthy VCE Journal that is to come.

As of 2019, I will be moving to Year 10, where our school allows students to have a taste of the notorious VCE subjects.☠ I will be taking Units 1/2 for a L.O.T.E, as well as Units 1/2 for Mathematical Methods. For me, it will be the beginning of a frightening, yet interesting period, in which I am hopeful to triumph over and be awarded with invaluable experience for future plans.

Throughout the span of the years, I will be updating my progress through the "labyrinth".

I hope that all members of this wonderful forum will show solicitude to all people who have taken their time to write their journal.

Thanks (27/11/2018)

Hi...

I love your aspirations, and starting a Journal is a great way to keep on track and reflect on these.

VCE subjects can definitely seem daunting, but as someone who just finished NSW year 12 (and I'm assuming it could be similar for finishing VCE year 12), reflecting back, my subjects weren't as terrifyingly difficult as I thought they would be.  :)

Which LOTE are you studying?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:42:42 pm by kauac »
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

aspiringantelope

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:42:51 pm »
Hi...

I love your aspirations, and starting a Journal is a great way to keep on track and reflect on these.

VCE subjects can definitely seem daunting, but as someone who just finished NSW year 12 (and I'm assuming it could be similar for finishing VCE year 12), reflecting back, my subjects weren't as terrifying difficult as I thought they would be.  :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:40:29 pm by aspiringantelope »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:44:22 pm »
+3
Glad you've decided to share your journey with us!

While units 3&4 are almost universally stressful for the people studying them, at my school at least, units 1&2 were far more relaxed. Hopefully your experience isn't too stress-driven :)

I've seen a few other users who are planning on studying units 1&2 of methods early so hopefully you can help eachother out too

I think it's great that you've emphasised VCE as an experience to learn from and draw on - and best of luck in whatever triumphing means to you!

aspiringantelope

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 08:08:07 pm »
Glad you've decided to share your journey with us!

While units 3&4 are almost universally stressful for the people studying them, at my school at least, units 1&2 were far more relaxed. Hopefully your experience isn't too stress-driven :)

I've seen a few other users who are planning on studying units 1&2 of methods early so hopefully you can help eachother out too

I think it's great that you've emphasised VCE as an experience to learn from and draw on - and best of luck in whatever triumphing means to you!

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 11:50:14 pm »
+1
Lol. I actually had a lot  of games on my calculator,  and used them when I was bored in class and wanted to appear studious! :D

Best of luck with methods tho... Get probability nailed, because it's the bane of your life when there are any misunderstandings in that sector...

Also, don't worry about not being able to understand the Methods exam... It is supposed to test units 3/4 after all...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:53:41 pm by S200 »
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 09:10:03 am »
+6
Re: CAS, I would suggest not downloading any games or anything - I reckon that'd be a huge opportunity for procrastination haha.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

aspiringantelope

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 09:50:35 am »
Lol. I actually had a lot  of games on my calculator,  and used them when I was bored in class and wanted to appear studious! :D

Best of luck with methods tho... Get probability nailed, because it's the bane of your life when there are any misunderstandings in that sector...

Also, don't worry about not being able to understand the Methods exam... It is supposed to test units 3/4 after all...
Yep thanks!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 07:53:08 pm »
+4
5/12/2018
I realise that going through 2 Chapters of Math Methods is not realistically viable unless I am literally checking the answers. I read on another that Cambridge is known for inserting "hard" questions that are irrelevant to the syllabus? May I get a clarification for that please. Other than that, I'm nearly finished Chapter 1 LOOOL after a few days. I think this slow progress is due to my procrastination. And if anyone is reading, can you tell me the hardest topic in Math Methods 1/2 you've had to go through? e.g Logarithms, Circular Functions or Probability? Thanks because we did some of the unit circle early this year and I was baffled at the content (understanding little to almost nothing). I'm aiming for a 40^ on Math Methods so this is why I'm starting early to learn the content.

Anyways, thanks for reading ~

I think a lot of people initially struggle with trigonometry so I definitely wouldn't take it as a bad sign that you don't get it yet. I'd say that for me it was the 1/2 topic it took longest to understand. I'd really encourage you to focus on building up understanding from the basics (ie using the unit circle) rather than just skipping ahead to general solution equations.

Doing prelearing for year 11 is definitely more than I think most students would be doing -  try to be kind to yourself even if you aren't going through content at the pace you planned :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 08:49:57 pm »
+4
Thanks but I heard that ranking is very competitive and it can consequently determine your classes performance so I'm really wanting to get in the top 5 cause my school is extremely smart/competitive.
+ thanks for noting about trigonometry. I used to think it was only SOH CAH TOA, but now I've known it's more hard and complexed

No worries! :)

In regards to ranking, your units 1&2 performance is not factored into your study score at all, so although ranking can have a very significant impact in unit 3&4 (and preparation can help), you don't really need to worry about ranking now.

samonmars

• Adventurer
  • there's a method to my madness
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »
+1
Hey! Great start to year 10 by making this journal!
What LOTE are you doing? I'm doing 1/2 LOTE as well, except it's Japanese.
class of 2021!

samonmars

• Adventurer
  • there's a method to my madness
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »
are you also Year 10 next year?

Yeah, I am! Hopefully I see a lot more of you on here as the year progresses  :D
class of 2021!

aspiringantelope

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 09:16:11 pm »
Yeah, I am! Hopefully I see a lot more of you on here as the year progresses  :D
The same with you! Hope to see you start a journal :D