Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:01:21 am

Author Topic: Bachelor of Medical Sonography- CQUni  (Read 6262 times)  Share 

gihiraffe

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Bachelor of Medical Sonography- CQUni
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:12:09 pm »
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me about Bachelor of Medical Sonography and Graduate Diploma of Medical Sonography at CQU, at the Melbourne campus if possible? I would really like to hear about personal experience, contact hours and course structure, and the way the course is taught (mostly online?). I’m interested in this course because I think this is the only undergraduate course for sonography (4 years), and apparently they also arrange your clinical placements. But I’m kind of worried because it’s a newish course and there are no graduates yet, and I have read some negative reviews for CQU in general :(

Also, would employment chance be less especially when there are sonographers with postgrad degrees from more well-known unis and other institutions (eg. Monash)?

On the other hand, I could try to get into Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging at Monash, then take a Master of Medical Ultrasound (7 yrs total). But you need to have a 3 day a week clinical placement before you start the postgrad. It would be nice to get training at the same hospital while working as a radiographer, but I don’t think chances are high.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!