Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:15:20 am

Author Topic: VCE Psychology Question Thread!  (Read 470029 times)  Share 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: VCE Psychology Question Thread!
« Reply #675 on: October 11, 2017, 07:15:33 am »
Guys how are u learning the content? I started doing practice exams but I feel like I still don't know all the content.
Do you feel like you are missing small info from throughout the course, or that you don't know some of the topics?

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #676 on: October 11, 2017, 08:13:31 am »
Do you feel like you are missing small info from throughout the course, or that you don't know some of the topics?

Like small pieces of info that are part of the study design

Have u done all the VCAA papers?

Ashjames

• Trendsetter
  • Life.is.short-incorrect-Its the longest thing ever
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #677 on: October 11, 2017, 11:58:06 am »
Guys how are u learning the content? I started doing practice exams but I feel like I still don't know all the content.

Same here. I've been dong a lot of practice exams, but I find that some questions are more easily answered then the others [such as classical conditioning], I answered questions correctly without revising my notes] But of course there are some questions that I was lacking knowledge of content to answer. So I only plan on memorizing my notes for the things I don't know [like for research methods, I ain't gonna memorize that because its kinda easy]

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #678 on: October 11, 2017, 04:13:33 pm »
Like small pieces of info that are part of the study design

Have u done all the VCAA papers?

No, I haven't. I have, however, completed a few 2017 exams.

It might be useful for you to go through the study design and mark each dotpoint you are comfortable with. Then, work your way through the ones that you aren't confident in one-at-a-time, until you have ticked everything

jrose006

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #679 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:00 pm »
With operant conditioning, is the consequence:
- The environmental event that occurs IMMEDIATELY after the behaviour?
Because sometimes the reinforcement/punishment may not occur exactly immediately after the behaviour..
e.g.) behaviour: Study for test coming up
        consequence: Get good mark on test therefore you are positively reinforced to repeat the behaviour of studying for a test due to the desirable outcome (getting a good mark).
^ Finding out the mark might take some time, so the consequence may not always occur immediately.
Should I remove the 'immediately' from my definition?
I hope I'm making sense! Thanks!

yuki_hinata

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #680 on: October 12, 2017, 06:37:23 pm »
Is it just me that’s having trouble with Loftus reconstruction? I don’t know what to talk about!! Help !

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #681 on: October 12, 2017, 07:00:12 pm »
Is it just me that’s having trouble with Loftus reconstruction? I don’t know what to talk about!! Help !

Welcome to ATAR Notes! :)

What types of Loftus-related questions are you struggling with?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #682 on: October 12, 2017, 07:56:41 pm »
+1
With operant conditioning, is the consequence:
- The environmental event that occurs IMMEDIATELY after the behaviour?
Because sometimes the reinforcement/punishment may not occur exactly immediately after the behaviour..
e.g.) behaviour: Study for test coming up
        consequence: Get good mark on test therefore you are positively reinforced to repeat the behaviour of studying for a test due to the desirable outcome (getting a good mark).
^ Finding out the mark might take some time, so the consequence may not always occur immediately.
Should I remove the 'immediately' from my definition?
I hope I'm making sense! Thanks!

It doesnt have to be immediate,  but there is a correlation between stronger learning and shorter delays

Notarobot

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #683 on: October 12, 2017, 08:10:38 pm »
Hello I have a question about timing in the exam, thanks for the advice in Nick McIndoe's article how to study for the psych exam 3 weeks out. Regarding the timing, the two sections and the mark allocation, how long would you allocate for each section?

For reference:
Section A: 50 multiple choice questions (50 marks).
Section B: Short-answer and extended-answer questions, for a total of 70 marks.
The exam is 150 minutes long for a total of 120 marks.
2017: English, Psychology, Legal Studies, Further Maths, Global Politics.
2016: Business Management

Ashjames

• Trendsetter
  • Life.is.short-incorrect-Its the longest thing ever
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #684 on: October 12, 2017, 09:02:25 pm »
Is it necessary to memorize every single thing in Psych. Because I find that somethings don't need memorizing-just understanding.

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
« Reply #685 on: October 12, 2017, 09:41:14 pm »
+2
Guys I was thinking that we could all help each other for the 10 marker because no one knows how it's going to be marked. Do u think we should post our responses for sample questions and then give feedback on each others? We should start a thread for it. What do u guys think??
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:44:34 pm by Butterflygirl »

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
« Reply #686 on: October 12, 2017, 10:06:31 pm »
Also, guys what do we write for ''attention'',''motivation' and 'reinforcement' in observational learning?? for when we use a scenario to discuss these.

jrose006

• Trailblazer
« Reply #687 on: October 12, 2017, 10:28:14 pm »
+1
Also, guys what do we write for ''attention'',''motivation' and 'reinforcement' in observational learning?? for when we use a scenario to discuss these.

I'm gonna make up a situation:

Bob watches his mum bake a cake:
Attention: Bob directs focus to his mum- he closely and actively watches her bake the cake.
Motivation: Bob has the desire to bake a cake so he can be just as good as his mum
Reinforcement: Bob watches his mother feel proud of her cake that she has made, and all the compliments she is given, which increases the likelihood of Bob making the cake himself

Hope that helps!  :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #688 on: October 13, 2017, 09:57:54 am »
+3
Hello I have a question about timing in the exam, thanks for the advice in Nick McIndoe's article how to study for the psych exam 3 weeks out. Regarding the timing, the two sections and the mark allocation, how long would you allocate for each section?

For reference:
Section A: 50 multiple choice questions (50 marks).
Section B: Short-answer and extended-answer questions, for a total of 70 marks.
The exam is 150 minutes long for a total of 120 marks.

Hey, Notarobot!

Timing is a bit of a personal thing; some people may just naturally take longer on, for example, multiple choice questions than others. And that's totally fine. What's important is that you test this for yourself. By doing practice exams, you'll work out the right timing for you - and you can then implement that in your exam.

The exam format has changed a little since I did Psych, but with the current conditions, I would guess I would allocate the time (roughly) accordingly:
- Multiple choice: 25 minutes
- Short-answer and extended-answer: 125 minutes

Again, don't take that as like, a golden figure or anything. I've just made that up based on what I know I was like during Year 12 - quick with multiple choice questions, slower with the rest etc. The point isn't really giving you numbers - it's giving you the idea that, by testing it yourself, you'll be able to find the right conditions for you. :)

Guys I was thinking that we could all help each other for the 10 marker because no one knows how it's going to be marked. Do u think we should post our responses for sample questions and then give feedback on each others? We should start a thread for it. What do u guys think??

Sounds good to me!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
« Reply #689 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:05 am »
+1
How does classical conditioning work during systematic desensitization? because there's no neutral stimulus?