Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:11:22 pm

Author Topic: I failed 1 Gen Maths SAC in Year 11 Unit 2, will I not pass this year?  (Read 2173 times)  Share 

Nicholas Kolaric

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I currently am completing units 1 and 2 of general Maths in year 11. I have not failed one sac at all this year expect a Matrices Sac. Does this mean i will fail unit 2 or am i all good with this? I am looking to do Further Maths in Year 12.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: I failed 1 Gen Maths SAC in Year 11 Unit 2, will I not pass this year?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 06:52:13 pm »
+4
You can't actually "fail" a subject unless you receive N overall for the unit (which is bloody hard to do, might I add).
You have to demonstrate all the outcomes in the study design to a satisfactory standard to achieve an S - that involves meeting all the key knowledge and skills along with completion of the assessment for each outcome.

If you "fail" a general maths SAC you will be required to do redemption which will involve resitting part or whole of the assessment task (most likely another one that is similar). Your teacher should have given you this opportunity. They can also award an S if they are satisfied you can meet the outcome and have evidence to back it up.

You also don't need to pass Units 1 and 2 to go into Units 3 and 4. Schools cannot prohibit enrolment on these grounds unless it is a VCAA mandated prerequisite which as far as I recall there are only a few subjects where this applies.

tl;dr no, you'll still pass. I've seen a lot less get through with an S.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:55:36 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile