Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:05 pm

Author Topic: Question regarding ranking and 40+ study scores  (Read 1130 times)  Share 

pugs

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
Question regarding ranking and 40+ study scores
« on: August 04, 2019, 06:22:34 pm »
hi guys,

just wondering if the only way you would be able to get a 40+ ss with a medium/moderately low ranking despite doing well in the exam is if everyone who is ranked above you also gets a 40+ ss?

i didn't do so well in some of my sacs at the start of the year, and now i've realised how this might affect my ranking, and then my study scores :/

thanks  :)

2019 vce journal here

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Question regarding ranking and 40+ study scores
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »
+3
hi guys,

just wondering if the only way you would be able to get a 40+ ss with a medium/moderately low ranking despite doing well in the exam is if everyone who is ranked above you also gets a 40+ ss?

i didn't do so well in some of my sacs at the start of the year, and now i've realised how this might affect my ranking, and then my study scores :/

thanks  :)
Nah, everyone above you doesn't have to get 40+ for you to also get 40+. I wasn't rank 1 in both U3 & U4 for any of the three subjects i got 40+ in and in two of those subjects I was the only one who got 40+ (I'm fairly sure I was rank 1 for U4 for both of those subjects, just not rank 1 for U3).

e.g. If someone ranked above you does really badly on the exam, then they might not get 40+, but your SAC score could still scale high enough for you to get 40+

This guide might help clarify how it works, but as easy as it is to get distracted focusing on what might or could happen, all you can really do is do your best and hope it all works out.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra