Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:46:39 am

Author Topic: Should I go to Suzanne Cory for year 9?  (Read 2293 times)  Share 

Wolvezz36

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Should I go to Suzanne Cory for year 9?
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:53:54 pm »
I got accepted into Suzanne Cory and I’m wondering if I should go. I heard a lot of mixed reviews about this school and I’m still deciding

rinner

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +12
Re: Should I go to Suzanne Cory for year 9?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:32:47 pm »
I don't go to suzanne but it really depends on whether you feel like its worth it.
Is your current school better? Do you live close by? If you don't live around the werribee/williamstown train lines, are you willing to commute? I don't think commute is a big issues as long as it's no more than max an hour. For me, my selective school didn't live up to the hype, but ultimately it's the students working hard who make it. Although people say the environment is really competitive, I feel like thats bs.
It's actually quite chill, and people are keen to help you. I have formed so many friendships and stepped out my comfort zone because of going there. I believe that I would be a completely different person if I didn't change schools, and so I have no regrets. Some teachers I had were REALLY bad, but thats the case with all public high schools (although my previous high school didn't have any bad teachers). However I had some exceptional teachers who have really helped me to study to the best of my ability. Also, in comparison to my previous school, there was a greater focus on extracurricular and heaps of opportunities for people like me who don't really like taking initiative. I don't know if this true, but I heard that suzanne prevents you from selecting certain 3/4s etc. and so if this is a deal breaker then consider that in deciding.
Overall, I think you have to weigh up what's important to you!
hope this helps

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Should I go to Suzanne Cory for year 9?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 11:53:04 pm »
This is a decision you and your parents should be making.

Have you been to their Open event, collected information etc?
You have to consider that every school is different and what may be the worst fit for one may be the best for others. Moving schools in any scenario is a significant event and shouldn't be taken lightly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:55:02 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile