Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:24:36 pm

Author Topic: ATAR estimate please?  (Read 6660 times)

Mike5312

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
ATAR estimate please?
« on: June 11, 2017, 07:45:10 am »
Thank you!

Moderator edit: edit in order to remove old username showing up.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:38:23 pm by Calebark »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: ATAR estimate please?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:14:50 pm »
+2
Hey! Just before I say anything else, it is nearly impossible to get a good ATAR estimate from internal marks and ranks. Too many variables. If you want a solid understanding of the process I'd recommend giving this guide a read. You can use ATAR calculators like this to help estimate, but know they carry inaccuracies - Use them as a super rough indicator only ;D

That said, you've got some stellar results there. Such high results in Chem and Bio are really promising and should surely lead to a Band 6 level result as long as you keep working hard. Your Ag and English results are great too - Well done ;D

If you can pull your result for English up a little, and really work hard on getting your Math mark into the Band 4 range, I reckon you'd be looking at the mid to high 80's. You really want to work hard on Math, try and bring it more in line with your English result ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:43:09 pm »
Hey!

Thanks for the reply.

I will give that a read and try up my english and math grades!

I am in need of meeting a 75 ATAR requirement to accept my ADFA offer! So 80s sound good!!

From the results you have now, you'll have no trouble getting 75 as long as you keep working hard until the end! Set targets high - Even if you only need 75 there's no harm in pushing for more :)

Moderator edit: updated username in quote as per request.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:38:09 pm by Calebark »

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 09:40:44 pm »
+1
Hey!

Thanks for the reply.

I will give that a read and try up my english and math grades!

I am in need of meeting a 75 ATAR requirement to accept my ADFA offer! So 80s sound good!!

The sense of reassurance is good but push yourself. Give yourself more opportunities :) I only need 92 to get into the course I want but nothings gonna stop me from trying to get 99.

Goodluck fellow student~

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:38:39 pm by Calebark »
Heavy Things :(

jingyi.ren1999

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:23:02 pm »
hi! I was wondering if its easy to achieve 97 atar for commerce in UNSW with the help of bonus marks? if so how to I achieve raw mark of 90 in every subject that I do?
I do;
4u math
advanced English
chemistry
business studies
chinese heritage

Thanks heaps

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 01:48:01 pm »
hi! I was wondering if its easy to achieve 97 atar for commerce in UNSW with the help of bonus marks? if so how to I achieve raw mark of 90 in every subject that I do?
I do;
4u math
advanced English
chemistry
business studies
chinese heritage

Thanks heaps

Getting a HSC mark of 90 in each subject roughly works out to be 97. It should be in your reach if you're doing fine now.

How is your current progress?
Heavy Things :(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 10:32:27 am »
+1
Hello again Jamon,

I was wondering if you would mind letting me know where I am heading ATAR wise now.

I tried to pull math and english up as reccomended but kinda failed and these are my marks now after trials and the finial assesment tasks:

English adv: 31/40 73%
Chemistry: 1/12 79%
Math: 5/13 51%
Biology 2/22 90%
Agriculture: 2/7 92%

School rank: 396

Normally we get 1 band 6 in each science (and ag) at most and sometimes 1 in math and none in english.

Sounds like you are heading for at least a couple of Band 6's!! A Band 5 in English is probably what you are striving for at this point, if you can - Math is interesting, because your rank is quite good but your marks don't reflect it. If your cohort performs well in the exam then a Band 5 might be achievable there!

I'd say getting into the mid to high 80's would be a reasonable goal for you, but if you get the best case of three Band 6's and two Band 5's, that could probably get you into the 90's (depending on the height of the Band 6's and Band 5's) :)

This is just guesswork - Push as hard as you can so that whatever your score, you know it is as good as it can be :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:38:57 pm by Calebark »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 12:10:01 am »
Thanks alot.

What do you think would be a realistic lowest ATAR? I need a 75 so...

Ps, my math cohort is quite weak thus the poor mark and good rank.

I'm hoping for a band 5 or 6 in agriculture, chem and bio and band 4 or 5 for english and a band 3 or 4 for math.

But yeh, I will definitely do my best to assure I get the highest I can! 

I'd say it would be pretty unlikely to be below 75, provided at least a few of those results go your way (you'll want a Band 6 to cancel out your Band 4 in 2U for sure) :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:39:11 pm by Calebark »