Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:30:35 pm

Author Topic: Are study camps actually worth going to?  (Read 1341 times)

damecj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
Are study camps actually worth going to?
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:19:53 pm »
Hey guys was just wondering if going to a study camp was actually worth it? I'm pretty focussed at home but can't help feeling like it will really help me especially before trials

marshmallow.on.fire

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Are study camps actually worth going to?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:57:00 am »
+1
So I went on a Crusaders Study Camp to Galston Gorge during the Autumn Break, and this is my review I sent to some friends who were planning on going to a Winter camp.

There was a practically perfect ratio between study and chilling. Study sessions (they used the correct terminology phew) were 90 mins each, and 4 per day for the full days (so 6 hours!). Between about 12 and 3:30, there was sport, free time, lunch, trivia (woo), amazing races and all that good stuff.  We even had a festival with live music, cinnamon toast, smoothies, bonfire, and the best bit – a disney princess jumping castle. If 6 hours isn’t enough, there is optional study before breakfast, and during free time. The study was so effective because everyone was sitting in a massive room, and you had the quiet pressure of everyone studying around you, therefore if you started scrolling through Facebook people would silently judge you. As it’s run by a christian group, we had discussion groups and session, though Christians were definitely the minority. The food was also pretty great. Also, we played a hella ton of the Viking Game/Khubb. There’s also optional tutoring, and you’re allowed to go outside and discuss stuff.
I would go again, but as it’s kinda expensive to go twice.
So yeah, I really recommend it! :D

I found it especially great as I struggle studying all day like that at home.
Good luck making a decision!
I fell in love with atarnotes the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.

(except skip the slowly!)

2017 HSC subjects:
Advanced English
Biology
Mathematics
Chemistry
Geography