Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 02:48:53 pm

Author Topic: Considering mid year entry  (Read 762 times)  Share 

Maddyv11

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
Considering mid year entry
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:31:11 pm »
I’ll be heading into my first year of university this year and am considering year entry into Business and Accounting at Monash. I’d like more time off from studying and to just be for a while longer.

What’s mid year like at Monash - how does starting affect you socially and education wise compared to February?

Would really appreciate any thoughts or experiences on the topic, really in split minds about this at the moment.

Thanks 🙂🙂🙂
2018: VCE Completed
2019: Bachelor of Laws (Honours) & Bachelor of Commerce

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Considering mid year entry
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:59:24 pm »
+2
I’ll be heading into my first year of university this year and am considering year entry into Business and Accounting at Monash. I’d like more time off from studying and to just be for a while longer.

What’s mid year like at Monash - how does starting affect you socially and education wise compared to February?

Would really appreciate any thoughts or experiences on the topic, really in split minds about this at the moment.

Thanks 🙂🙂🙂
This is my general knowledge of the difference for a mid-year start, in no particular order. The mid-year start might distort things a little bit. Unlike a lot of your friends and classmates you’ll finish and graduate a semester later, which can be a bit lonely. Mid-year starts also tend to have a little more trouble making friends for a little longer than those starting at the start of a new academic year, but eventually find themselves in basically the same situation once they get to the end of their first semester (end of the year). They also start with less of a fanfare or guidance. Certain sequences of units (i.e. subjects usually paired or taken together) may be out of order (which occasionally can be confusing) and, on rare occasions, may mean that you may have to rearrange your units in a specific way to deal with having not done a prerequisite unit yet in later years.

Aside from these things, it might be more specific to your major or your degree, which I wouldn’t know much about. Hopefully someone else can help there.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread