Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:34:19 am

Author Topic: Dimensions of sustainability - question  (Read 908 times)  Share 

alrightally

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Dimensions of sustainability - question
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:22:01 pm »
Hi all,

For the following dot point, is all we have to know is how each dimension (economic, social, environmental) of sustainability promotes health and wellbeing globally but just in general? My school uses the Jacaranda textbook that has the specific branches under each one eg. trade, employment etc. for economic but would we ever be asked on an exam specifically about these smaller branches or just as economic as a whole? I don't want to bother learning each specific branch if it's only as a whole.

• explain sustainability (environmental, social, economic) and its importance in the promotion of health and wellbeing in a global content

Thank you - hope this made sense :)
2018: History Revolutions (41)
2019: Health & Human (50), Psychology (49), English (43), Literature (39), Maths Methods (33)
ATAR: 98.85

Message me for tutoring! I would love to help you reach your SS goals.

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +8
Re: Dimensions of sustainability - question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »
+2
Hey,
For this dot point I learnt the definition of each dimension of sustainability, charcateristics and how each dimension promotes health and wellbeing.
See my example below
Economic sustainability
Ensuring that average incomes in all countries are adequate to sustain a decent standard of living and continue to rise in line with inflation and living costs in the future
Characteristics
•   Innovation and diversity of industries
•   Trade
•   Employment
•   Economic growth
How does economic sustainability promote health and wellbeing?
Firstly, economic sustainability means that children are able to attend school rather than work. This would allow children to interact with each other and form satisfying relationships, hence promoting social health and wellbeing.  Secondly, economic sustainability provides adequate revenue to governments so they can provide public resources such as water and healthcare. The provision of these resources reduce the risk and impact of disease, promoting physical health and wellbeing

Do that for each caharcteristic and you should be fine.
Hope this helps :)