Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:38:06 pm

Author Topic: Best Music for Studying!!!  (Read 1041 times)

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
Best Music for Studying!!!
« on: March 23, 2020, 10:06:58 pm »
+5
Hey everyone,

I'm starting this thread so that everyone can share their favourite music for study motivation.

Some of my favourites include:

Lyrical Music:

Counting Stars - OneRepublic
Future Looks Good - OneRepublic
Hall of Fame - The Script ft. Will.i.am
Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
Top of the World - Greek Fire
Immortals - Fall Out Boy
MAGIC! - RUDE
Geronimo - Sheppard
Tonight Tonight - HCR
Best Night - Justice Crew
Everybody - Justice Crew
Impossible - James Arthur
Bamboleo - Gipsy Kings
War - Edwin Starr
Blue (Da Ba Dee) - Eiffel 65
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Back in Black - AC/DC
Dynamite - Taio Cruz
I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
Set It Off - Timomatic
Pray for Me - The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar
Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee

Instrumental/Classical Music:

Anything Hans Zimmer
Anything Alan Silvestri
Anything John Williams
Anything Michael Giacchino
Divenire - Ludovico Einaudi
Primavera - Ludovico Einaudi
Take Five - Dave Brubeck
So Say We All - Audiomachine
Mozart, Beethoven, Bach

There are many more suggestions in my brain that I can't think of right now so if anyone else has any suggestions then please add them to this thread.

Also everyone please keep in mind that it is scientifically proven that classical music is better to listen to when studying. Lyrical music often distracts your mind from studying. Actually if you're the type of person who gets distracted listening to music then please don't listen to music when studying :)

Check this article out for more info on listening to music while studying:

https://blog.uniplaces.com/recent-articles/listening-music-while-studying/

Happy listening :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:25:28 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Best Music for Studying!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 10:40:14 pm »
+4
Also everyone please keep in mind that it is scientifically proven that classical music is better to listen to when studying. Lyrical music often distracts your mind from studying. Actually if you're the type of person who gets distracted listening to music then please don't listen to music when studying :)
Studying with instrumental music has been proven to be better than with lyrical music. Furthermore, studying in silence has been shown to be more effective than studying with any music. Firstly, obviously, because it becomes harder for most people to concentrate on two different things at once but also in terms of silence you retain information better when you are tested under the same conditions that you studied in.

Personally, if I am not watching a lecture I will study with lyrical/instrumental music  - either is fine - my personal justification of this is that the process of studying becomes more enjoyable so in the long run I will probably sit down and study more than if I was just going to only study in silence.

Would be interesting to hear other's thoughts on this. I.e. Personal experience, what they do currently and potentially why (or no reason).

I'll also try to add some music to this thread later on :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 09:19:50 am »
+1
If I'm finding it hard to self motivate then I might turn to music to get or help me sustain attention (e.g. nothing but thieves, birds of tokyo, imagine dragons .... doesn't really meet optimal study music criteria but that's not the point).

Often I work or study in near silence or with a background of conversation/s and that's pretty ideal for me.

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 09:25:29 am »
+2

Hi,

I mainly listen to acoustic songs and/or acoustic covers of songs. I have a playlist on Spotify called "Daisy" (my username is celestial- ) if you would like to check it out.

Have fun studying :)

QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:54:47 am »
+2
I have two different playlists for the type of study I'm doing or my motivation (or how distracted I'm feeling) and tbh only one matches the definition of 'study music' but sorry it aint baroque chamber music

First off I have a lofi playlist (you can find it here)which is really good background noise and helps me really focus

Excursion - Dylan Sitts
5:32pm - The Deli
Nothing changes: everything is different - H.1
Night - wush
1:47am - The Deli
Peppermint - Dylan Sitts
Waiting for you - mell-o
Under the wind - the tides
slide - nokiaa, jade
drowsy - trog'low

Or if I'm already motivated and don't have much to do (or really enjoy it) always played at a low volume so I don't get caught up in the music is this playlist

Drive - Oh Wonder
Solo - Oh Wonder
Snow - Angus and Julia Stone
Friends - E^ST
So Caught Up - The Teskey Brothers
Hardcore - Love Fame Tragedy
Flowers and Superpowers - Wafia
Chateau - Angus and Julia Stone
Forever you and me - The Teskey Brothers
Life goes on - E^ST
Oceans - Vallis Alps
Ride - Lana del Rey
Does this last - Boo Seeka
Second Hand Car - Kim Churchill
Paradise - Golden Features, The Presets

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:58:23 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 10:12:59 pm »
+1
If I'm finding it hard to self motivate then I might turn to music to get or help me sustain attention (e.g. nothing but thieves, birds of tokyo, imagine dragons .... doesn't really meet optimal study music criteria but that's not the point).

Often I work or study in near silence or with a background of conversation/s and that's pretty ideal for me.

I agree with you Bri MT. Some of the music that I've suggested would not be best suited to listen to when studying. Though if you listen to the music before you start studying as a way to create motivation for yourself then I would agree with that. The music would be best suited to helping people from getting into the mood of studying or 'the flow' as I like to call it.
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie