Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 06:56:08 pm

Author Topic: Modern History Personality study.  (Read 817 times)  Share 

griceyyy

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Modern History Personality study.
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:45:57 pm »
What is the aim of part A in the personality section of the modern HSC?
My teacher insists that no matter if your detail and recall is slightly out of order, if you cram as many details as you can and have it appear some what narrative they will award you marks.

I'm generally a great essayist however this section goes against everything I have taught myself in terms of strong topic sentences and arguments throughout. Is the personality in a way just a test of recall? narrative style based on the criteria?

Ahhhhh.  :-[

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: Modern History Personality study.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:52:17 pm »
+1
What is the aim of part A in the personality section of the modern HSC?
My teacher insists that no matter if your detail and recall is slightly out of order, if you cram as many details as you can and have it appear some what narrative they will award you marks.

I'm generally a great essayist however this section goes against everything I have taught myself in terms of strong topic sentences and arguments throughout. Is the personality in a way just a test of recall? narrative style based on the criteria?

Ahhhhh.  :-[

In Part A - correct and accurate detail is essential! You must know all the details about the key events of your personalities life! Everyone can memorise the timeline of their life but it is knowing the specific details (including specific dates and statistics about their work) that will set you apart!
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!