Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:55:24 am

Author Topic: ST AUGUSTINE COLLEGE | 2010 Trial HSC Modern History  (Read 823 times)  Share 

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
ST AUGUSTINE COLLEGE | 2010 Trial HSC Modern History
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:13:24 am »
Hey ppls,

Just wondering if any one has completed the St Augustine 2010 Trial HSC modern history paper - personality study on Albert Speer??

I am just a little bit stuck with the question....

The question is:
(b) ‘History is the record of an encounter between character and circumstances.
 Evaluate this statement in relation to the personality you have studied. - I am doing Albert Speer.

Thanks heaps!
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: ST AUGUSTINE COLLEGE | 2010 Trial HSC Modern History
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:43 pm »
Hey ppls,

Just wondering if any one has completed the St Augustine 2010 Trial HSC modern history paper - personality study on Albert Speer??

I am just a little bit stuck with the question....

The question is:
(b) ‘History is the record of an encounter between character and circumstances.
 Evaluate this statement in relation to the personality you have studied. - I am doing Albert Speer.

Thanks heaps!
Hey!

Sorry for the late reply :) This question is looking at whether or not Albert Speer was a product of his time, or whether he shaped his time. How much of his achievements were down to circumstance vs. his own active participation. The statement suggests that it was somewhere in the middle, does that ring true for Speer?

What I would do is pick three key events/achievements, and try and work out whether Speer was significant of his own volition, or was he just "in the right place at the right time" (or the wrong place!)

Hope this makes sense!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!