Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:34:39 am

Author Topic: Leni Riefenstahl  (Read 1601 times)  Share 

illuminate88

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Leni Riefenstahl
« on: May 10, 2018, 01:01:40 pm »
anybody want to help me out on how i would answer ‘Differing perspectives and interpretations assist us in gaining an understanding of the personality’s significance in history. To what extent is this statement accurate in relation to the personality you have studied?’ i'm stuckk

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Leni Riefenstahl
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 04:46:40 pm »
anybody want to help me out on how i would answer ‘Differing perspectives and interpretations assist us in gaining an understanding of the personality’s significance in history. To what extent is this statement accurate in relation to the personality you have studied?’ i'm stuckk
I don't actually do leni riefenshtal as my personality, but I think the question is pretty much asking much asking you to compare and contrast suffering historians view points on your personality and making a judgement about how much of a part they play in gaining an understanding of the personality’s significance in history. 

Hope this helps!
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 05:28:09 pm »
+2
Hey there,
Mada438 is essentially right- you're discussing how different historians view Riefenstahl. Lucky for you, I did Riefenstahl.

If you look at the syllabus, the main debate is: feminist pioneer or Nazi propagandist. You need to compare how historians have supported the notion that Riefenstahl is a feminist pioneer or a Nazi propagandist. Since the whole point of Personality Study is the evaluation, you need to make the judgement yourself. You can do a nuanced essay where you say Riefenstahl is both, but one argument needs to be slightly stronger than the other. In my assessment task, I argued Riefenstahl is both a propagandist and an artist (feminist pioneer and artist can be used interchangeably since she is a woman in the entertainment industry) since they're both not mutually exclusive but... I'm not gonna tell you what I argued in the end because, again, it's your judgement. You can argue she's purely a Nazi or she's purely an artist but you need to explore how historians viewed her, and there are a lot of historians with conflicting opinions- the good thing about her is that she's such a complex person and there will be multiple perspectives in regards to her.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

illuminate88

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 12:44:04 pm »
thank you so much!!

Hey there,
Mada438 is essentially right- you're discussing how different historians view Riefenstahl. Lucky for you, I did Riefenstahl.

If you look at the syllabus, the main debate is: feminist pioneer or Nazi propagandist. You need to compare how historians have supported the notion that Riefenstahl is a feminist pioneer or a Nazi propagandist. Since the whole point of Personality Study is the evaluation, you need to make the judgement yourself. You can do a nuanced essay where you say Riefenstahl is both, but one argument needs to be slightly stronger than the other. In my assessment task, I argued Riefenstahl is both a propagandist and an artist (feminist pioneer and artist can be used interchangeably since she is a woman in the entertainment industry) since they're both not mutually exclusive but... I'm not gonna tell you what I argued in the end because, again, it's your judgement. You can argue she's purely a Nazi or she's purely an artist but you need to explore how historians viewed her, and there are a lot of historians with conflicting opinions- the good thing about her is that she's such a complex person and there will be multiple perspectives in regards to her.

Hope this helps!