Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:30:29 am

Author Topic: Second Round Offers?  (Read 4117 times)  Share 

confusedunikid

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Second Round Offers?
« on: January 16, 2019, 07:17:23 am »
Hey guys,

I've been looking into a different degree at Monash since preferences have closed (law/arts), and I've come to the conclusion that if I was offered it in the second round offers (I have to move it from my second preference to my first) then I would take it.

My question is am I able to fully accept and enrol into my course offer that gets released today, given that I am going to shift my preferences around so that I have the law/arts as my first preference? Ofc there's no guarantee of getting it because my ATAR is only slightly off a 98, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try and see if there are any second round offers (albeit I assume they are minimal).

If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it!

Thanks

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
Re: Second Round Offers?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 08:35:11 am »
+3
Yes! You can and definitely should accept your first round offer, and then accept a second round offer. As you probably know, there's no guarantee of a second offer, so it's always good to be safe. Just make sure you remember to reorder your VTAC preferences so that your preferred second round is at the top :)

Personally, I accepted my first round offer at Monash, reordered my preferences and received and accepted a second offer (also at Monash) - you simply need to discontinue your first course (which can be easily done online), and then enrol in your second.

Hope that helped, and good luck! :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:37:19 am by VanillaRice »
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

MAGGOT

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:46 am »
So regardless if you accept or decline your 1st round offer, you will still receive a 2nd round offer when the time comes?

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:16:29 am »
So regardless if you accept or decline your 1st round offer, you will still receive a 2nd round offer when the time comes?
Yes, but I would recommend accepting your 1st round offer in all cases. If you do accept, to get a second round offer, you must make sure that the course is higher in your VTAC preferences than the course you received your first round offer for.
VCE 2015-16

MAGGOT

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 09:26:26 am »
Yes, but I would recommend accepting your 1st round offer in all cases. If you do accept, to get a second round offer, you must make sure that the course is higher in your VTAC preferences than the course you received your first round offer for.

So if I got my 2nd preference and didn't change my VTAC preferences then offers 3rd and below would not be considered?

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 09:44:44 am »
+1
No, they wouldn’t. And if you ordered them according to what you wanted it won’t matter.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 10:42:57 am »
+4
There’s a post that’ll go up today about what course of action you should go with depending on which VTAC course you’re offered. I’ll be linking this, if you guys don’t mind. (Putting this here so I remember to do so later.)

EDIT: It's been posted.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:30:55 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Globe

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 07:16:57 pm »
Hey just wondering when VTAC actually lets me change my preferences again? All I can get is my first course offer..
2017: | Psychology [41->40] |
2018: | Business Management [46->45] | English [43] | Japanese SL [35->43] | Biology [39->40] | Methods [29->33] |
Atar: 96.55 :)

daymon_

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: PCC
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 07:19:25 pm »
Hey guys,
sorry for invading the post but have a quick q for you all. Is there any chance of getting into a Bachelor of Physiotherapy at any Victorian based unis having missed out on 1st round offers with a GPA of 6.3 in the past academic year (4th year of uni having just completed a Science degree at UniMelb)?

Cheers

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 07:54:12 pm »
+2
Hey just wondering when VTAC actually lets me change my preferences again? All I can get is my first course offer..
According to the VTAC dates, they should reopen again tomorrow (16/1) at 10am :)

Hey guys,
sorry for invading the post but have a quick q for you all. Is there any chance of getting into a Bachelor of Physiotherapy at any Victorian based unis having missed out on 1st round offers with a GPA of 6.3 in the past academic year (4th year of uni having just completed a Science degree at UniMelb)?

Cheers
Not too sure about the specifics, but if you satisfied all the entry requirements, then I would say that there is a chance :) (there will inevitably be students that don't accept their offer, etc.)
VCE 2015-16