Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:31:41 pm

Author Topic: Good luck with the exams, year 12!  (Read 987 times)

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Good luck with the exams, year 12!
« on: October 16, 2018, 06:26:59 pm »
+22
Hey guys!

With just 2 days until English Paper 1, we would like to say good luck with the exams and future endeavours! You have all done amazingly well to get this far -- you should all be so proud of yourself! And we all know you're going to absolutely destroy these exams! Remember that, as stressful as it may seem, there's more to life than just locking yourself up in your room and study. You've got this! ;D

As someone who's done the work before, I would just like to say a few words of advice.

BEFORE THE EXAM
1) Get everything ready the day before. The day of the exam should be as stress-free as you can. Organise your bag the day before your exam, and double check to make sure you have everything ready. This way, you wake up feeling relaxed and calm for your exam.

2) Get roughly 8-9 hours of sleep. You wouldn't want to feel tired on the day of your exam -- so you should be aiming for about 8-9 hours of sleep before your big exams. So while others are tirelessly grinding and cramming their exams, you would be feeling calm and ready to tackle any problem in your exams! That's a big plus to you. :)

3) Refrigerate a bottle of water. Entirely optional, but I definitely recommend having a chilled bottle of water by my side in the exam room, in case I do start to lose focus during the exam. They're long exams - and you would definitely feel the strain 3 hours of concentration can do to you, so you should always have a bottle of water beside you to help you re-energise and focus for the remainder of the exam.

ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM
1) Get to the exam centre early! It's absolutely crucial that you're not late to the exam because you won't get any extra time unless an emergency takes place (in which case, you should apply for misadventure). I tended to get to the exam room at least 30 minutes before the exam started. This allowed me to relax and check that I am in the right location before the commencement of my exams.

2) Stay away from people who make you nervous. Come exam day, there are always the same group of people, one of which are those who try to anticipate what topics are going to be in the exam. They'll try to intimidate you by asking how your preparation went and whether or not you've covered everything. Stay away from these people -- it's a ploy! Instead, try to stay within your own comfort zone. Listen to soft music to help you stay calm, or even meditate!

3) Relax and be confident! You've got this! All of the hours you've studied comes down to these 3 hour exams -- you've done all you could and you shouldn't be ashamed of your results! Be confident in your own knowledge and walk into the exam room feeling confident that you're going to nail this -- you will!

AFTER THE EXAM

You've done it! It's over -- that's another exam down. Don't stress too much about it and start focusing on the next one. You can do this! We all believe you can :)

TL;DR
When exam day comes, try to relax and do the best you can. That's all anyone will ever ask of you. Good luck year 12! You're going to be fine. :)

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
Re: Good luck with the exams, year 12!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:33:31 pm »
+2
Thanks so much!!!!!  :)

And yes...  ATVVVVB to fellow HSCers out there.....
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!