Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:49:56 pm

Author Topic: Resources for QCE bio from other states  (Read 5470 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Resources for QCE bio from other states
« on: January 23, 2020, 04:24:41 pm »
+4
Hey everyone, there's a plethora of resources for bio and although what you're examined on may change across states there's still lots of overlap. I've collated here some resources useful for QCE biology students that were made in other states. This is not an exhaustive list, please feel free to add more :)

revision questions sorted by topic - Heidi

cellular processes revision questions - PhoenixxFire

Bio advice + biomacromolecules - alondouek

Apoptosis, necrosis, cell cycle & prokaryotes vs eukaryotes - alondouek

Experimental design, metabolism, osmosis, signalling, immune system - Cosine

Innate immune system & adaptive immune system - Ancora_Imparo

enzymes and homeostasis & health and disease - teodora.simic

Please keep in mind that since these resources are from other states they are likely to have info you don't need to know, they're useful to get another perspective on the topics to aid your understanding but shouldn't be the primary notes you use. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, to do so you'll need to be logged in & if you don't have an account yet you can register for free here.

Best of luck with your studies! :)

aseemrana

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
Re: Resources for QCE bio from other states
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 11:40:26 am »
Hi bri

Can you please advise where I can find questions for unit 1 and 2.
Thank you

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Resources for QCE bio from other states
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 01:01:41 pm »
+2
Hi bri

Can you please advise where I can find questions for unit 1 and 2.
Thank you

Hey,

The main lists of questions that stand out to me are the VCE bio faq list and past VCE biology exams. QCE biology and VCE biology have a lot of overlap however they also cover things in different orders and VCE bio doesn't have much at all in terms of Unit 3 QCE bio content. This means you can find a lot of questions relevant to units 1&2 QCE biology from VCE bio (units 1-4) but you need to check the topics for relevancy rather than being able to go off it saying "unit 1" etc.

I recommend using the QCE syllabus to check what topics you need for units 1&2 and using that to guide which topics you do practice questions on. Questions sorted by topic/area of study (e.g. through edulimited topic tests if you have that and/or the first link) this will be a more user-friendly way for you to find relevant questions than through VCAA past exams (the 2nd link). The first link is collections of question and answer discussions that have happened on the forums through the q&a VCE bio thread whereas the 2nd link is official exam questions.

I hope you find this helpful :)