Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 12:27:08 am

Author Topic: I have a question.  (Read 762 times)  Share 

Harryhan08

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I have a question.
« on: November 20, 2019, 12:18:31 am »
+1
Since highschool, I have always been an average student, I would always sit on a B average. I graduate next year, however, I think I need to pull my shit together to achieve my atar goal of 96. This year, I averaged B+ global by doing around 1.5 hours homework daily. Say if I really discipline myself for the next year, is it possible to improve to grades to an A or A+ average because for subjects like English, it takes years to improve. So I’m asking if anyone can relate.

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
Re: I have a question.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:51:11 am »
+5
All you can do is try! There's nothing to lose.
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 05:35:19 pm »
+2
Sorry, just to clarify: 1.5 hours of homework total, or just for global each day?

I think the biggest way to improve your English skills is to read often and read broadly. And write lots of responses. Write a language analysis of an article online, then get someone to edit it and fix it. Repeat this process, and you will see improvement.

Know your text well and practice writing responses that deal with the themes comprehensively and eloquently, and look at the patterns of the text.

Congrats for the global turnaround, and I wish you all of the best in doing the same with your other subjects! ;D

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 11:32:15 am »
Hello,

B average will get you to a 70 or maybe you need some A’s I assume.. I’m averaging B AND A.. rarely get C... I normally get in the high ranks sometimes 7,6,5,4,3,2,1... all you can do is try
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )