Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:21:01 am

Author Topic: antelope's vce journal ☀ 2021  (Read 7947 times)

aspiringantelope

antelope's vce journal ☀ 2021
« on: February 17, 2019, 07:46:28 pm »
+9
hey ANer's;
i've decided to remake my vce journal because of certain reasons - i will try to post as much as i can here throughout my high school years leading up to vce.
About me:
- Currently a Year 10 Student
- Aiming for a 99
- keeps procrastinating work (and i hate it omg)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i'm creating this because one day, i'll probably want to read back on my journal entries and see how i've improved throughout the years

17/2/19

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
Re: antelope's vce journal ☀ 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:03:06 pm »
Just out of curiosity, which LOTE are you studying? How are you finding it?
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

aspiringantelope

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 08:39:16 pm »
Just out of curiosity, which LOTE are you studying? How are you finding it?
am studying chinese sl ! it's a little hard, but i'm coping well :D
im most scared about remembering a long detailed study and a general conversation  :'(

aspiringantelope

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:02:22 pm »
+3
a week has passed -  wow
thinking i might be finding math methods a little too hard but not yet because we have gone into the harder / deeper topics e.g polynomials and circular functions

also wanted to say i used to like physics but at school we only do practicals which i don't particularly like
 other than that, it's been a good week! ~ however i'm not really getting work done at the pace i'd want ~ so i'm improving on this

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
  • This is my text until I find another poetic quote
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 06:17:42 pm »
+1
a week has passed -  wow
thinking i might be finding math methods a little too hard but not yet because we have gone into the harder / deeper topics e.g polynomials and circular functions

also wanted to say i used to like physics but at school we only do practicals which i don't particularly like
 other than that, it's been a good week! ~ however i'm not really getting work done at the pace i'd want ~ so i'm improving on this

Hey AA!
I am also doing year 10!
I have been told by a few of my friends that methods is quite hard. But they are pushing through, I believe in you.
to help with homework (if I may) I have been told by quite a few people, and do it myself, write a list of the things you get done and every time you finish it cross it off. it gives you a feeling of accomplishment and gives motivation for the next task. Good luck xx

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 07:39:05 pm »
+1
a week has passed -  wow

Don't worry. You will push through. At the start, it seems hard but later on when you are continually applying yourself, you do get used to it and you will become more confident as you do more questions and practise.  :)
I remember when I was doing methods and even know when I am doing 3/4 that as you do more questions and familiarise yourself with the different types, you become more confident and it gets more fun as you are really familiar with it.
Which topic are you doing right now?

aspiringantelope

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 08:08:38 pm »
+6
hey thanks for the replies ~
i think i didn't make sense but i meant the stuff we are learning currently (Quadractics on MM 1/2) is straightforward,
however like later stuff in the book i've been looking at looks alien and nothing i've done before so i'm just a little scared that when i
am up to there, i will not be able to keep up with the pace of class
~ also i've been told i need to be a top student in my school to do two 3/4s in Year 11 ;'( (which i am not)
so literally my dreams have been shattered UNLESS i perform exceptionally well (which i am currently not) only got averaging a 73% on two physics test UHHHHHHHHHHH
~ thanks for the support everyone above! :D

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 08:09:30 am »
+2
hey thanks for the replies ~
i think i didn't make sense but i meant the stuff we are learning currently (Quadractics on MM 1/2) is straightforward,
however like later stuff in the book i've been looking at looks alien and nothing i've done before so i'm just a little scared that when i
am up to there, i will not be able to keep up with the pace of class
~ also i've been told i need to be a top student in my school to do two 3/4s in Year 11 ;'( (which i am not)
so literally my dreams have been shattered UNLESS i perform exceptionally well (which i am currently not) only got averaging a 73% on two physics test UHHHHHHHHHHH
~ thanks for the support everyone above! :D

Really would try not to stress about not understanding things that you haven't been taught yet. Things like differentiation can look tricky notation-wise but really aren't that bad imo.

I feel like 73% isn't a bad starting place - good luck for achieving your goals :)

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
  • This is my text until I find another poetic quote
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 10:05:59 am »
+2
Really would try not to stress about not understanding things that you haven't been taught yet.

Following up with MT, I agree. I am not good at math at all, and always look at what we are going to cover in the text book and freak and stress. But after the teacher goes through it a bit and gives some examples and explanations (if he doesn't go and ask! they are there for you!). If not and the way they explain it doesn't quite sink in, its completely fine to go to another math teacher and ask for them to explain it. Please don't stress, your a bright student. not many will go through the textbook to see what your going to learn. All the best in your math AA! You got this xx

aspiringantelope

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 12:35:01 pm »
+3
thanks everyone for the support!! will have a new summary next friday !

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 10:08:53 pm »
+6
Hey there! I know your worry has already been addressed, but I'd like to share my personal experience :P.
In year 9, I received a score below 60% for my maths exam at the end of the year. In year 10, I received an average of 85% (tech-able and tech-free).
I'm in year 11, currently doing methods 1/2. I got 91% on the first test.

I wanted to tell you this to show you that improvement does exist. I remember in year 9, I was super duper upset with my score that I didn't even look through the exam for fear and embarrassment of my score. I also go to a selective entry school, where competition is high, and almost everyone got high scores. I was devasted. I wasted a lot of my time fretting over my score and worrying that I'd never be good at maths ever again and there was no point in me every trying. Then somehow, I regained motivation (magically) and began working harder. Not as hard as I could have or should have, but I put in enough consistent effort throughout the year in year 10. I do recall for some topics never doing any of the exercise questions because I had to 'focus on my 1/2', which I now think was silly of me because more than half the things I learnt in 1/2 didn't even carry onto 3/4. I regret not putting in enough effort in year 10. Now, I have to 'focus on my 3/4's' but I know better than to neglect my 1/2's completely.

Don't be upset about the first score you get. Take that test, look at where you can improve and work on it. Don't throw it in the bin like I did, but find where you went wrong and ensure you fix it. You take that 73% and turn it into whatever score you want next time - I know you can do it. I guarantee that you will improve if you put in enough effort. Remember - the more time you waste thinking your score was 'bad' (a 'bad' score varies from person to person), the more you prolong your potential for improvement.

Whevever you are, whatever you are doing, no matter what scores you have recieved in the past, you can do it.

Good luck - and I believe in you pal  :)
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

aspiringantelope

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:04 pm »
+3
Hey there! I know your worry has already been addressed, but I'd like to share my personal experience :P.
In year 9, I received a score below 60% for my maths exam at the end of the year. In year 10, I received an average of 85% (tech-able and tech-free).
I'm in year 11, currently doing methods 1/2. I got 91% on the first test.

thanks!!! deleted a little bit of the bottom because it was slightly chunky haha
just wondering, was the first test of methods 1/2 SAC 1 on Co-ordinate Geometry and Quadratics? if so, was it hard? because i'm doing it next week
^-^ ; just wanted to get some tips ahah but maybe different schools have different levels in SAC's? not sure

however, let me link on to my next point -
so i have a math sac next week (as you've probably read), and i'm pretty nervous; as it is my first SAC in schooll!!! never done a sac before haha.
i've looked at our past tests for our SAC and they do not seem too difficult; in fact they only look a little harder than last year haha
obviously i cannot look down to past exams as they may suddenly put up a harder one this year!!

thank you again user whys for your inspirational message - still awaiting for results for task ive done last/early this week
- will update end of this week or next week!

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 09:44:25 pm »
+1
just wondering, was the first test of methods 1/2 SAC 1 on Co-ordinate Geometry and Quadratics? if so, was it hard? because i'm doing it next week
^-^ ; just wanted to get some tips ahah but maybe different schools have different levels in SAC's? not sure

Nope, first test was on linear relations and coordinate geometry (parameters, simultaneous - the more harder version of year 10 linear stuff :P)
We are doing quadratics next though. My school is pretty competitive in nature (perks of going to a selective school -_-). The only thing you can do with maths is practice, practice, PRACTICE! Literally no other way to get better unless you practice familiarising yourself with different questions, and understanding how the forumlas are derived can also help you with more problem-solving questions. Personally I don't like time-based studying (I use to-do lists), but it might be good in your case to delegate a certain amount of time each day to doing practice questions. Try doing different types, like problem solving based ones and more simpler, direct ones too.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

aspiringantelope

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 10:05:58 pm »
+1
Nope, first test was on linear relations and coordinate geometry (parameters, simultaneous - the more harder version of year 10 linear stuff :P)
We are doing quadratics next though. My school is pretty competitive in nature (perks of going to a selective school -_-). The only thing you can do with maths is practice, practice, PRACTICE! Literally no other way to get better unless you practice familiarising yourself with different questions, and understanding how the forumlas are derived can also help you with more problem-solving questions. Personally I don't like time-based studying (I use to-do lists), but it might be good in your case to delegate a certain amount of time each day to doing practice questions. Try doing different types, like problem solving based ones and more simpler, direct ones too.
oh yeah my bad that's the one i'm doing next week ahah
congrats on your amazing score as well!!!!

aspiringantelope

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 08:41:45 pm »
+5
sorry, haven't updated in a few days due to the overload of homework i'm receiving (especially math + not knowing how to do them makes it awfully long)
~ math methods is going alright - i'm attempting to grasp all the formulas and things learnt in class ~ but i also need to thank all the people helping in the Mathematics thread that have made my life a lot less simple.
~ it felt like a normal week - i'm going to have to suffer hell for a week now =[
lots of assignment and tests UHH

ok i've gotta be working
i know i always get distracted but i want to use my laptop for music....
i feel like i am too reliant on my laptop (it's technically been on the entire day today and i kept getting distracted)
 :'( :'(
Well i'm gonna go now