Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:38:34 am

Author Topic: An Exhilarating VCE Journey of a boy (You dont know me)  (Read 12022 times)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: An Exhilarating VCE Journey of a boy (You dont know me)
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 06:59:09 pm »
+1
Hi all!

Had my english and maths exams today. I'm fairly certain I did well on both exams, although people didn't tend to finish both english tasks presented, so I don't know if that means i'm a fast writer or just did a bad job :o.

Will keep you updated with results when I get them.

I have my biology and legal exam tomorrow, and I'm pretty damn confident with them ;D.

Hey hey!
Good job with the English and maths exams! I'm sure you did well!

Let us know how you go with legal and bio- good luck! ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:35:20 pm by insanipi »
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 08:09:27 pm »
Good choice. Very good choice.
That's awesome! Good job ;D
Presuming you like dogs more than cats haha and thank you!  :D
Hey hey!
Good job with the English and maths exams! I'm sure you did well!

Let us know how you go with legal and bio- good luck! ;D
Thank you! I most certainly will ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:35:43 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 10:18:14 pm »
+3
Hope to hear positive results from your exams :)

and I'm not really a outstanding student, I'm more on the average side when it comes to sac's and tests in some of my classes
Reminds me of me when I was in school doing my VCE.... Do you know how hard I tried not to sound like an oldie here... I am still quite young, however i'm automatically not cool because i'm a teacher so i'm on the dark side.

From my point of view, the VCE isn't the be all and end all... it took me until mid way through my first semester at uni to get my academic pathway on track. Just embrace your school years while you can because you can only do it once as a student* and those precious peer relationships are much more difficult to achieve and maintain after you leave school. Have some fun along the way but of course you're at school to learn too!

P.S - Exams take bloody forever to write, mark etc. Appreciate your teachers for that at least :P

All the best :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:36:05 pm by insanipi »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:03 pm »
Hope to hear positive results from your exams :)
Reminds me of me when I was in school doing my VCE.... Do you know how hard I tried not to sound like an oldie here... I am still quite young, however i'm automatically not cool because i'm a teacher so i'm on the dark side.

From my point of view, the VCE isn't the be all and end all... it took me until mid way through my first semester at uni to get my academic pathway on track. Just embrace your school years while you can because you can only do it once as a student* and those precious peer relationships are much more difficult to achieve and maintain after you leave school. Have some fun along the way but of course you're at school to learn too!

P.S - Exams take bloody forever to write, mark etc. Appreciate your teachers for that at least :P

All the best :)
Marking A LOT of exams sounds so fun, how could you complain? (complete sarcasm ;D). Good luck to you if you do indeed have to mark some exams sometime throughout the year :D. Also you don't sound that old, don't worry... for now ::).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:36:35 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 07:10:14 pm »
+6
Hey all!

Had my biology and legal exam today! I feel as if I did really well on legal and was really pleased with it. By the end of it, my hand was ready to just fall off, which is a good sign ;D. I'm not so sure about biology though, at best I get 85-90% at worst i'll get possibly 60, which isn't bad, but with the amount of effort I put in to studying it'll be tough to take in, although it's only year 11 :).

I have a free day tomorrow to study psychology and then on Thursday, I'll have that exam. Wish me luck!

I'll keep you all updated with my results and what not ;D. Thanks for continuing to look at my journey thus far. I really appreciate it :D.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:37:00 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 05:26:02 pm »
I'm not so sure about biology though, at best I get 85-90% at worst i'll get possibly 60, which isn't bad, but with the amount of effort I put in to studying it'll be tough to take in, although it's only year 11 :).
I don't remember exactly, but I got about 70% on my 1/2 bio exam so don't worry about it too much. Use it as an opportunity to learn how you should study for your exam next year
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:37:16 pm by insanipi »
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 11:01:30 pm »
I don't remember exactly, but I got about 70% on my 1/2 bio exam so don't worry about it too much. Use it as an opportunity to learn how you should study for your exam next year
Naw how cute, I got 70% as well :), it's not bad. Would've liked higher but so does everyone else who sat every exam ever.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:37:29 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 11:43:35 am »
+1
Hi all!

Sorry I didn't update for a while, I had some technical issues tht ultimetely led me to buying my own laptop :).

Now, let's get to what you all wanna hear, my exam results. I know I could've done much better, but I'm happy with them compared to all the other students in my year. In legal I got the result I wanted, 93%. I was quite happy with this result, it was the highest mark in the class! For biology I only got 70%, which isn't bad compared to the year level (most people got 40-50's). For psychology, I'm certain I got 72% (I can't specifically remember it at the moment of writing this). It was a also a good grade for me as I studied for probably 30 minutes cause I don't really enjoy it and wanted to swap it for chemistry, but sadly I couldn't. Maths... I went pretty bad in maths, getting a 65%, I got into the exam and looked at the questions and realised "oh shittt, I have none of these formulas on my cheat sheet". This was entirely my fault, as I didn't really go over what we had learn as a whole, but oh well. For English I got a B, which I was happy with, because I'm not the best at English :). As a whole, I was sort of disappointed with my results, but I come to realise that they aren't so bad compared to the year level which was relief.

I'm currently in school and I really can't be bothered studying because I'm extremely tired from gaming so late last night. I just want to go home and play GMOD ;D. I'll try to keep you all updated as much as I can :). Peace out  :P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:37:44 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 09:54:13 pm »
+4
Hi all!

Sorry I haven't been posting all that much. Nothing really exciting or "VCE journey" worthy has come by. I'm currently on school holidays and the only thing I've been doing is playing Black Desert Online, League of Legends, and watching anime and suits. So nothing too exciting really.

Hopefully I have more exciting news/things soon, I'll keep whoever is reading these updated :).

Byeeeeeee  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:38:04 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 05:17:03 pm »
Hi all!

Sorry I haven't been posting all that much. Nothing really exciting or "VCE journey" worthy has come by. I'm currently on school holidays and the only thing I've been doing is playing Black Desert Online, League of Legends, and watching anime and suits. So nothing too exciting really.

Hopefully I have more exciting news/things soon, I'll keep whoever is reading these updated :).

Byeeeeeee  ;D

Two weeks later, I think we're now due for an update. ;) Are you back at school now?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:38:26 pm by insanipi »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 12:17:07 pm »
+6
Hello all,

Yes Joseph, I believe this needed an update.

I'm currently back at school in private study trying to remember the acts and specific sections for my legal area of study which is a tad frustrating to say the least. I havn't really had much to update. I havn't had any assessments lately, although I have a biology test on sexual and asexual reproduction soon which I'm kind of excited for ;D.

My legal class is heading to a massive court, which shall not be named (for obvious reasons) on Friday, which I am really really excited for because it'll be my first time going to an actual court, I actually just cannot wait ::). Later in the semester, we're heading to a prison to further understand the criminal justice system which I'm also really excited for, but sadly it wont be for a while so I'll be eagerly awaiting it :). My life outside of school isn't really all that exciting. I watch tv shows, study and work (stereotypical 16 year old) so there's nothing really to talk about. I signed up for a program through school that enables be to talk to somebody online about what I'm going to do once I finish school and university paths and what not, so that gives me something to do for an hour or so.

If anybody has any suggestions on what else I can do outside of school to kill time, that would be much appreciated ;D.

Thats all for now :), I'll try and update regularly, but I can't promise anything as there is nothing to really write about. Byeeee

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:38:52 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 12:25:08 pm »
+2
^Have you considered volunteering? Honestly I think there are heaps of perks to it!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:39:09 pm by insanipi »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 08:05:42 pm »
+1
although I have a biology test on sexual and asexual reproduction soon which I'm kind of excited for ;D.
Huh... sounds familiar.

I watch tv shows, study and work (stereotypical 16 year old) so there's nothing really to talk about. I signed up for a program through school that enables be to talk to somebody online about what I'm going to do once I finish school and university paths and what not, so that gives me something to do for an hour or so.
If anybody has any suggestions on what else I can do outside of school to kill time, that would be much appreciated ;D.
Good on you for working. As for suggestions, I would highly recommend you look into volunteering (like Nick/ J41) said, crafts/ hobbies/ sports, activities to join (council usually hosts some) or join a school club. You could also go for your L's, if you really like. If you're like me and enjoy trying to improve yourself, then take the time to find/ do these things to improve on e.g. I think I type quite slow, so I try to do speed typing tests daily to get myself up to speed. If you believe you're bad at something, this is probably a great opportunity to learn or practise said activity. 
You're also more than welcome to talk and help or PM people here on AN. You never know; you might just make a friend. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:39:42 pm by insanipi »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

You dont know me

• Forum Regular
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 05:23:16 pm »
+9
Hello all!

I still have nothing to really talk about. I've sort of been falling off in my studies and as a result of that losing marks on tests/sacs. I have little to no motivation to study up until them few days before an assessment. I just sit in my room and avoid doing anything, although I really really want to do well, I just can't bring myself to study and I have no idea why. I just feel stressed all the time for no reason whatsoever.

I know what I have to do in order to achieve high marks, although I don't do it. Sorry for the more depressing update, just thought I'd let whoever reads these know what's going on, and why I haven't been uploading as much. I just haven't felt the best these past few months.

I'm in no way a social person, although ATARNotes allows me to express how I'm feeling and how I'm doing at school and home. I wouldn't refer to it as an "escape", but it's pretty damn close to it. I haven't talked about how I feel in my previous posts, but I think I might, as I'll be able to reflect when I finish school on how I was dealing with life as a whole. I've decided to change the name of this thread, as I don't particularly want people at my school finding this, which wouldn't be hard as my name is pretty rare.

I'll try to continue to post, although I can't guarantee this.
Thankyou for continuing to read this thread even though it hasn't been very active.
Here's a picture of my cute cat to brighten this post:
Spoiler

Also, I recommend you all listen to "Up and Vanished". It's a podcast about a guy who solves a cold case (a case that has existed for a long time, but has not been solved). It's VERY interesting and it passes time :).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:41:06 pm by insanipi »
Currently studying:
-Legal Studies U3
-Biology U3
-Pyschology U3
-General Maths U3
-English U3
Check out my VCE journey

rani_b

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 07:51:04 pm »
+2
Sorry for the more depressing update, just thought I'd let whoever reads these know what's going on, and why I haven't been uploading as much. I just haven't felt the best these past few months.

I hope you're doing better now. Your health is more important than anything and I'm sorry you've not been feeling the best the past few months  :(
I hope you continue to post!!  ;D
2019 ATAR: 99.85

Selling: English [50] & Lit [48] essays! PM for details.