Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:43:06 pm

Author Topic: Theory with Allocate+  (Read 1808 times)  Share 

2muchanxiety4me

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Theory with Allocate+
« on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:44 am »
So, after each of my uni exams something strange was happening on Allocate+,

basically after my chemistry exam, allocate+ would show chemistry 2 on my timetable (which is just the next version of chemistry 1)
after my physics 1 exam, allocate+ would show physics 2 on my timetable, and it did this for all my units.
my question is that, is this potentially an unintended way of saying that you passed the unit? because to do chemistry 2 you have to pass chemistry 1, whats weird is that after each exam, the level 2 version of that unit popped up on my timetable. so I was just wondering that is this saying that I've passed?
Thanks in advance for any help :)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Re: Theory with Allocate+
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:45:46 am »
+2
I mean, how soon after the exam is it coming up? Because I have a feeling first year exams might still be being marked...

I probably wouldn't look too much into it. It could be that after the exam is when they first have time to enter the subjects into the calendar for allocate. Like, I don't want to dash your hopes, but I don't want to raise them wrongly, either.

2muchanxiety4me

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 01:32:05 pm »
well i enrolled into an engineering unit with no prerequisites and that showed up on my timetable immediately, but all my other units started showing up about 1-2 days after each exam. 1 by 1

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:13:45 pm »
I heard a theory similar to this although associated with enrolling into a subject via monash wes.

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 04:18:26 pm »
+3
well i enrolled into an engineering unit with no prerequisites and that showed up on my timetable immediately, but all my other units started showing up about 1-2 days after each exam. 1 by 1

Yeah nah - they DEFINITELY wouldn't have been marked 1 or 2 days after the exam. Like, I know the first year chem markers, they probably didn't even receive the exams until then, let alone actually started (and definitely not finished, which I think takes a solid week or two) marking.

I heard a theory similar to this although associated with enrolling into a subject via monash wes.

Nah this is definitely confirmed false - people on StalkerSpace were talking about it a while back, and many confirmed they got the a-okay from WES, but had failed when they got their results back.

2muchanxiety4me

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 05:44:51 pm »
still a bit weird dont you think, my timetable consisted of chm1022 and eng1001 for roughly a week and then phs1022 and mth1030 started to show up too, until then it just said pending, only later did it say approved after i had done the exam.

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 06:58:14 pm »
+1
Not really - as I said, the organisational staff of the unit are the ones that need to actually enter the dates into the system. They probably only get time after the exams are all organised and sent off/received again.