VCE Stuff > Victorian Technical Score Discussion

Methods Study Scores

(1/2) > >>

sbeccia:
Hey everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying your holidays!!

I'm doing methods 3/4 next year in year 11 and I go to a non-select entry school.  At my school however, the SACs are always significantly easier than the actual exam, so students who did really well during the year don't achieve study scores over 40...

I was personally aiming for 40+, but now this is beginning to look unrealistic because of how badly the SACs scaled down.

Has anyone been in this situation and are able to give me some pointers on how to achieve 40+  despite having significantly easier SACs in comparison to the exam?  Like what resources should I use etc?

I have a really good teacher, however I don't think the rest of the Maths faculty at my school have recognized how their SACs are impacting its students and it's seriously stressing me out because I just really want to achieve 40+ in my 3/4 subjects (also doing further)...

thanks! enjoy the rest of the holidays  :) :) :) :)

Lear:
If you can achieve rank 1 the performance of other students in your cohort will not affect you. If you go on to do super well on the exams with your rank 1 you can pretty much get a 50.

Sine:
If you are rank 1 you won't be negatively impacted by the other students in the cohort. Your cohort may impact you if someone in your cohort does better than you on the exam and this will positively influence your study score. If you are rank 1 and score the highest score in your cohort - your study score will be entirely dependent on your own performance and nothing else.

and like the previous post - the most important thing when a student is in a weak cohort is that they secure rank1

hope this helps :)

aspiringantelope:
Sorry, didn't want to create a new thread just for a question but since I found a similar one with the exact same subject, may as well ask.

I want to know if our over SAC scores determine our rank in our cohort and whether the SAC score along with the rank is the overall determiner on the outcome of  the GA2 and GA3. (Not only Methods but other subjects too) Like if I am Rank 1 and I get 40% on exam and rank 2 gets 99% on the exam (highest), will I automatically be awarded with 99% for being Rank 1?
Thanks

VanillaRice:

--- Quote from: aspiringantelope on December 31, 2018, 10:38:04 am ---Sorry, didn't want to create a new thread just for a question but since I found a similar one with the exact same subject, may as well ask.

I want to know if our over SAC scores determine our rank in our cohort and whether the SAC score along with the rank is the overall determiner on the outcome of  the GA2 and GA3. (Not only Methods but other subjects too) Like if I am Rank 1 and I get 40% on exam and rank 2 gets 99% on the exam (highest), will I automatically be awarded with 99% for being Rank 1?
Thanks

--- End quote ---
From my knowledge, your teacher will determine your rank, but in most cases this will be based on SAC marks.

In terms of scores, you will receive 99% for your internal (SAC) marks, but you will retain your exam mark (40%). You can read more about this here. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version