Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:43 pm

Poll

Whats your situation? (pls vote im curious) *vote to see results*

Got an offer but declined
3 (8.1%)
Got an offer and accepted it
22 (59.5%)
Fully rejected
12 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: January 27, 2022, 09:51:21 am

Author Topic: Who else is waiting for the results?? (2021 yr 9 entrance exam)  (Read 25602 times)  Share 

Selective User

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Who else is waiting for the results?? (2021 yr 9 entrance exam)
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2021, 08:30:17 pm »
Can't wait to find out my actual scores for each test and how many superiors I got. My guess is 2 sups in rc and vr because those were the only ones I did good in. Also interested to find out the superior mark for this year (something like 30/60 lol). I think you have to get at least 2 to get into a selective school idk. My yr 8 cohort size was 335, so a total of 17 could get in out of the 47 who tried out.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2021, 08:37:02 pm »
Yeah I wanna know my result too. also post your result when you get it :)

Sanju271

• Adventurer
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2021, 10:25:57 pm »
Hi Selective user

congrats
How many you guessed in each test. Just to get an idea
I am sitting next year

Sanju271

• Adventurer
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2021, 10:32:34 pm »
Hi ALL
Congrats

How you guys compare the practice tests from selective school website with actual test ???

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2021, 10:46:15 pm »
This years test was much much harder, at least twice the difficulty of the victorian practice tests(not trying to put pressure though, remember to keep really calm during the exam and do NOT mess up) If u put in the work, I'm sure u'll get in so good luck for next year :)

• Adventurer
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2021, 01:13:43 am »
Hi ALL
Congrats

How you guys compare the practice tests from selective school website with actual test ???

Umm actually Henderson practice tests were very very similar to the actual tests. Ive never even looked at those tests on selective website since all i ever hear is people saying its nothing like test. The numerical, verbal reasoning and maths had pretty much the same sorts of questions in the Hendersons mock exams.
'my personal experience with hendersons
-Storytime-
All though people say Hendersons is good, personally ive had bad experiences with them. And few of other people ive known has too. I do not recommend it as they rush the teaching, and some specifically the english teachers. They go out of topic and start chit chatting about their person life. They leave out so much work that was supposed to be done within the 3hrs of class. One lesson costs about $300. Its not worth it as I have personally felt attacked and targeted by this specific white teacher. She was definitely racist.
 How? ok so at the end of the lesson there's like a parents meeting for like 5-10 mins, (btw this was online class *zoom*) basically the parents discuss the progress and what we've done today in class. AND i remember when my parents couldnt join the meeting bc they were busy working, however my mum was there but i just didnt turn on the camera bc it wasnt that important as we were only just listening. and the all others' parents' were there.  Anyways basically the teacher was like "oh where is (my name) their parents probably dont know english thats why their arnt in the meeting,( coz she couldnt see me lol.)LIKE HOW TF CAN SHE MAKE AN ASSUMPTION LIKE THAT WHEN MY PARENTS LITERALLY PAYED SM FOR THE WORKSHOP AND SHE PROLLY EARNS SALARY FROM THAT LMAO IDK WHY SHE HAD TO BE BITTER TOWARDS POC. After that i literally left the meeting offended and angry of what she said. I had that specific teacher for persuasive writing and reading comprehension. I genuinely didnt like her attiude and i shouldv'e sent out a complaint  to Hendersons about this situation. She was just targeting me in specific and jus being stereotypical  Coz what she said was genuinely racist and i remember the other parents were all watching and i was so offended and my mum was there too. I wish i had deeped the situation and actually done something about it instead of being unbothered. My parents said they wouldve told Hendersons if they knew earlier,.The teacher couldve lost her job. I cant give much detail on who she is, but i will say that she was old and a white teacher and she teaches English in the work shop area. So look out for her i guess. but overall i suggest the mock exams instead of the work shops. The maths/numerical teachers are nice and pretty chill tbh. They use their time wisely. Some english teachers were fun to work with as some were not for this generation and stereotypical. It just depends but thats from my personal experience. Its really ur effort that counts in the end.

Sanju271

• Adventurer
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2021, 02:28:04 am »
Thankx

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2021, 08:13:56 am »
Henderson’s is only worth it for their mock exams, and it is worth purchasing  one or two before the actual test. Aside from this, don’t do many of their other workshops or classes  because, as 8.101 said, they tend to go off topic and the price is way too expensive anyways. Yes, this years test was much harder in the maths exams than possibly any year before, but try not to be put under too much pressure and just focus on your own work in the real test. Personally, this year, I guessed around 20 in numerical, 25 in maths, 3 in reading and 5 in verbal. The practice tests on the DET website are nothing like the real test in regards in maths or numerical, but I suppose reading is somewhat accurate in terms of difficulty.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2021, 12:01:20 pm »
Yep. What did you pick?

I picked Nossal, I live only 5 minutes away from it whereas MHS takes almost an hour for me. How many sups do you think you got?

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2021, 04:02:31 pm »
I picked Nossal, I live only 5 minutes away from it whereas MHS takes almost an hour for me. How many sups do you think you got?
Nice! I'm a train ride from both.

My school is stupidly competitive, so the fact that I got in means 3+ sups, although I feel like I'd maybe get one or 2 for the english ones. I died in both of the maths exams.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2021, 06:36:27 pm »
Wow, that’ll be amazing if someone got 3+ sups, I probably got 2 or something, my school is somewhat competitive but all the kids who got in were part of the seal group and only 2 others got in. Yes, I also failed in maths and nr

2piguy

• Adventurer
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2021, 09:41:21 pm »
So, what do you expect from the future selective school students with this amended entrance test? Did they change it to a single writing piece last year or the year prior? Was it also online in 2020 as it was this year? Also, how did you guys perform the examination on the computer (cameras?)?

I go to MHS and a lot of people in the school are skeptical of next year's Year 9 cohort due to the changes, I guess we'll see next year. You don't have the end-of-year "transition" day like we did I'd assume. Not sure what to think about the lack of writing, but when I did it I got superior on everything but the writing pieces - my English was certainly not the best back then. What was the maths content? I remember finishing that one the earliest whereas the 15 min writing pieces were the hardest to keep up with. Congrats to everyone that got in, not sure which of you are going here.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2021, 10:17:33 pm »
The test was not online, it was at Melbourne Showgrounds.

• Adventurer
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2021, 08:24:51 am »
Yeah the test was at Melbourne Showgrounds and different people went on 2 different days sat and sun , and there was like 2 buildings  . We sat in schools so basically it was in alphabetical order(last names)with all the people from your school. There was 4 times. So some went at 9am well as the others sat the exam at 2:30pm.They give you a paper (that u had to print out at home ) and you gotta find your desk ( the number that was given to you)

Arrow777

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2021, 03:17:17 pm »
Did anyone get a second-round offer? ,, any idea when these will start pouring in. As per schedule offers can come all the way till the close on 17th Dec 2021.