Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:32:40 am

Poll

Whats your situation? (pls vote im curious) *vote to see results*

Got an offer but declined
3 (8.1%)
Got an offer and accepted it
22 (59.5%)
Fully rejected
12 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: January 27, 2022, 09:51:21 am

Author Topic: Who else is waiting for the results?? (2021 yr 9 entrance exam)  (Read 25822 times)  Share 

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Who else is waiting for the results?? (2021 yr 9 entrance exam)
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2021, 01:34:37 pm »
Okay. That's it. I have lost all my hope for getting a 2nd round offer today.

omg same i lost hope too. but its reaching a point where i dont care anymore, whatever is waiting for me, is waiting for me. Might try out for JMS next yr but ion know if its worth it. I have to learn another new subject which is science and the interview process seems like too much. They check reports from end of semester 2 (year 8 ) and til semester 1 (yr 9). i'll have to keep my grades up. And the test difficulty might get higher. And u have make it thru top 5-10 for the yr 10 entry selective entry for MGHS MHS SCHS & NHS .and some people get rejected with getting 2 sup .Its SO MUCH EFFORT BUT IDK I WILL DO IT JUST COZ I HAVE HOPE. AND I CANT GIVE UP LIKE THAT.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2021, 01:49:14 pm »
Yeah, ikr. I don't feel like applying for year 10 anymore but I feel like I have to do it. Well lost hope for today but there are still 3rd round offers on 16th dec. (not keeping my hopes us tho)

Vxp121

• Adventurer
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2021, 01:53:17 pm »
Even I have lost hope of getting through. I have called my dad 10 time since morning just to check if there is any update.

I feel bad even my dad's voice was low today

Essentially 5% rule applies in all rounds. which means I will only get offer if some one rejects offer from my school …

I don't think any one from my school will reject NHS offer as MHS is more than 1 hour travel

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2021, 01:56:33 pm »
You know, It's so easy to tell people that you're over the selective test but deep down you still wish you got that spot and you feel extremely sad. Please tell me if you relate.

Vxp121

• Adventurer
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2021, 02:10:44 pm »
true , I feel like crying i have been studying for this for a long time.  two of my friends got through one in NHS and Other in MHS. I am happy for them.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2021, 03:00:54 pm »
Ikr. I studied for such a long time like almost 2 years and it's so sad to think that I didn't get in. One of my friends got into mhs

• Adventurer
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2021, 06:17:36 pm »
Ikr. I studied for such a long time like almost 2 years and it's so sad to think that I didn't get in. One of my friends got into mhs
true , I feel like crying i have been studying for this for a long time.  two of my friends got through one in NHS and Other in MHS. I am happy for them.

Damn we all on the same boat :(
 it’s okay guys I’m sure this wouldn’t matter in 5 yrs time. Hopefully we are all in a better place and doing Sm better. I was honestly so upset and i felt guilty for some reason. People that I knew that went to underated schools all got in. My school’s just too competitive.  IDK IM STILL DECIDING IF I SHOULD OR NOT APPLY FOR YR 10 ENTRY. I need motivation omds 😭 do you guys wanna talk in priv or something?

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2021, 07:02:14 pm »
Yeah ik. Your school being competitive really effects your chances. You should try out for year 10 but honestly I have no motivation cause even tho Ik this isn't gonna matter after a long time, it still makes me sad.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2021, 09:52:19 pm »
The number of people selected this year at my school was so less! Last year they took almost 30, but this year they only took 12-15 and it was all the seal kids who got in. The school I go to is quite competitive but there are still schools like GWSC which are very competitive. I might try out for jmss next year but tbh I don't really want to go to a science school which restricts certain subjects.

Sanju271

• Adventurer
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2021, 10:28:49 pm »
IS ANY ONE FROM ST ALBANS SECONDARY SCHOOL ???

dayfly

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2021, 11:57:50 pm »
Hi ALL
Congrats

How you guys compare the practice tests from selective school website with actual test ???

The tests from the Selective School website are A LOT easier than the ones given. I'd say you can use these tests to get a rough idea on the types of questions that will appear on the test and to practice time management.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2021, 10:06:18 am »
Has anyone received a 3rd round offer yet?

• Adventurer
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2021, 10:18:04 am »
Has anyone received a 3rd round offer yet?
The chances are very low. , I mean it’s still 10am but I know ppl who are smarter than me that DIDNT get in so… I doubt it. Kinda unfair what they did but maybe it’s not good enough for those schools. I only applied for SCHS bc I would have more of a chance but there was too much competition as they only took like 5 ppl from my school and nobody declined it either but som ppl wernt happy and regretted their decision coz they wanted to go to MHS or MGHS but they jus picked whatever they got lol. But it’s so hard seeing nearly all ur friends getting in & ur just there-

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2021, 10:27:07 am »
To all of you guys who didn't make it, don't lose hope. We're made to believe that selective schools are schools which guarantee a bright future when in reality, they do not. I know how it feels to fail this test and I know that some of you guys studied for ages but still failed but what can you do now? Yeah, every 2 minutes you might think about how much you studied, how you were on the day of the exam, how you hoped you would get in, how you imagined yourself going to that school, but there is truly no point in pondering about this test. It's over. Forget it. Literally forget it. It's one random exam and maybe if you did the exam three days later, you might have learnt a maths concept which you could have used in those really hard questions and that might have been the difference between you making it, and someone else getting into a school. Don't brood over this exam and focus on the future. Create a plan for year 9. Make new goals and work hard. The more you think of this, the worse you feel and trust me if you keep thinking about how you failed in this exam, you will underachieve in VCE. There is a domino effect which makes you think that you can't do well and remember doing well means your best- NOT Someone else's best. So forget this exam as it doesn't directly affect your future and work on the future. Always remember for every minute you feel sad, you lose 60 seconds of happiness.

To those of you who made it, forget the exam. It's done. You passed. Who cares? Move on if you haven't and go concentrate on setting newer goals for yourselves.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2021, 10:46:48 am »
Thankyou :)