Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:32:57 am

Author Topic: HHD Advice  (Read 2072 times)  Share 

esheshseshsesh

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
HHD Advice
« on: November 16, 2021, 11:47:12 am »
+1
Hi,
I am starting HHD without 1/2 next year and I want a high 40s study score! Please drop all the tips, notes, resources and just general help I will need for next year!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or specific resources that they used to keep organised and on top of year 12 HHD? also any advice for the summer holidays before year 12

TIA <3

Mod edit: merged posts together :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:15:17 pm by lm21074 »

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: YEAR 12 HHD
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »
+1
Hey!

We've got a whole compilation of useful HHD resources here.

Here are some quick tips that may or may not be mentioned in those guides:

- Learn definitions during the holidays (e.g. dimensions of health and wellbeing and aspects of the dimensions, health status indicators, illness vs disease, dynamic vs subjective). This will give you a head start on U3 AOS 1 and build foundations for the rest of the year.

- Revise the content you learn in a lesson after the lesson, so that the content can stick better. I personally made summary sheets from memory to do this. I reviewed my notes / the textbook, then wrote everything I knew about a dot point on a piece of paper, and then used a red pen to fill in gaps of understanding or forgotten knowledge. Then I would review these summary sheets in the lead up to SACs along with doing practice SACs / questions.

- Do heaps of practice questions and mark them. At the beginning of each class as a form of review, my teacher would give us a couple of VCAA questions to do in timed conditions, and then we would mark them afterwards. This exposes you to the expectations of exam questions and can be good SAC preparation.

- Use the mark allocation for each question and task words (e.g. identify vs explain) as a guide for how much you should write.

- For ten markers, break the question down into key areas from the study design. So for example, the question 'Global marketing and distribution affect the health outcomes of low, middle and high income countries in the same way.' To what extent do you agree? (8 marks), think about what you need to include (e.g. high, middle and low income countries, alcohol, tobacco and processed foods, links to health status and health and wellbeing and of course, to what extent you agree with the statement). Then think about how you'll incorporate the source material. You should use each source at least once in your answer. A lot of students lose marks because they don't do this. Keep practicing your ten markers, mark them yourself first based on the exam report (I know they can be a bit vague though), and think about whether or not you've addressed all the key criteria based on the question. Then check with your teacher for things that you might not have picked up on, if you feel it is warranted.
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash