Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:55:05 pm

Author Topic: Moving to a different state in year 12  (Read 1026 times)  Share 

strawberries101

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Moving to a different state in year 12
« on: October 26, 2021, 09:53:00 pm »
Hello, I am currently a year 11 student in Victoria and my family is planning to move to Queensland in December. I am pretty stressed about how it is going to affect my year 12 as VCE and QCE seem to be pretty different and I don't want the move to affect my ATAR. If anyone could please let me know if it would affect my education next year and what I could do so that my ATAR is still as good to get into my desired course.
Thank you :))

GreenNinja

• Trailblazer
Re: Moving to a different state in year 12
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 10:20:56 pm »
Whats the atar ranking you want to achive and which course are you looking at getting into?

GreenNinja

• Trailblazer
Re: Moving to a different state in year 12
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 07:58:07 pm »
Ok Cool.

So, what I have noticed is that getting high results in QCE is less competitive than VCE.  ;D

The curriculum in VCE is also slightly different in QCE, however the ATAR system in QLD is newly introduced (only one cohort has completed ATAR) and truly speaking, most our textbooks and practice papers are directly copied from NSW and VIC. For example, my textbook, the cambridge textbook, contains the exact same question and the exact same information as the NSW or VIC cambridge methods textbook (can't remeber which one), infact the only differences are that our methods textbook omits some sections in the VIC or NSW textbook.   :D

For other subjects, I am not too sure how much the curriculum changes from VIC to QCE. To get on top, I highly suggest going over the syllabus (in QLD we are tested strictly on what is in the syllabus, dunno if thats how VIC does it). Also, looking back on the ATAR NOTES, QCE lectures is also useful. Especaly the ones published on January.

Just a side note, I know that some schools in QLD, myne for example start Unit 3 for students graduating the following year, this year. You might want to check up on this when you start schooling in QLD.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 08:30:01 pm by Tech1234 »