Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:46:29 am

Author Topic: Australian Open 2021  (Read 4487 times)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Australian Open 2021
« on: February 08, 2021, 04:02:12 pm »
+4
Any predictions?

Which players do you support?

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: Australian Open 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:05:16 am »
+3
Woah, can't believe that no one has jumped on this thread yet!  ;D I've been pretty slack so far this year and haven't actually watched any of the matches... (there's still time to remedy this, though!).

I would be disappointed if Ash Barty didn't make it to the women's final, considering she's No 1 and all at the moment.

Loved that Kokkinakis proudly wore a Kmart T Shirt to his match... big sad that's he's out in the singles comp, but at least he's still playing with Kyrgios in doubles... those two are a bit of a comedy routine when they play together.
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 09:27:29 pm »
+2
Woah, can't believe that no one has jumped on this thread yet!  ;D I've been pretty slack so far this year and haven't actually watched any of the matches... (there's still time to remedy this, though!).

I would be disappointed if Ash Barty didn't make it to the women's final, considering she's No 1 and all at the moment.

Loved that Kokkinakis proudly wore a Kmart T Shirt to his match... big sad that's he's out in the singles comp, but at least he's still playing with Kyrgios in doubles... those two are a bit of a comedy routine when they play together.
Federer wasn't playing so I wasn't all that invested but still watched a bit. The main two players I would've like to have won were Muguruza and Thiem and they both got knocked out within hours of each other.

As for the womens' final today I was indifferent to both players, Tomorrow I guess most people would like to see Medvedev win.

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 10:22:10 pm »
+1
Federer wasn't playing so I wasn't all that invested but still watched a bit. The main two players I would've like to have won were Muguruza and Thiem and they both got knocked out within hours of each other.

As for the womens' final today I was indifferent to both players, Tomorrow I guess most people would like to see Medvedev win.

I wasn't planning on watching much this year, but once again, I fell down the rabbit hole of obsessively watching after it began.
Me too - was really hoping Thiem would make the finals, or at least do a bit better than he did. Muguruza was so close to moving forward too!!

Was quite surprised with the women's final match up, was evenly rooting for both players. I did want a bit of a tight three setter though! Osaka did deserve it in the end.

Going for Medvedev tomorrow  :)