Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:49:49 am

Author Topic: -  (Read 4175 times)  Share 

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
-
« on: July 21, 2020, 07:17:18 pm »
-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 06:46:07 pm by Snow Leopard »

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: Keys on my Lenovo laptop not working
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 07:21:49 pm »
+4
Found this on superuser.com

" Keyboards are constructed as a grid of rows and columns. Pressing a key connects a row to a column, which is how the key is identified. When a whole row or column stops working (3,e,d,c is a column), and only a single row or column, it is usually not the individual keys. It is more likely to be the internal wiring of the keyboard.
The row and column circuit traces often connect to ribbon cables that go to a separate little circuit board. Those ribbon cables can develop a bad connection, the circuit trace for the column or row can get damaged or have a bad solder joint, or there can be a failure on that little circuit board. If you have some technical skills, you might be able to identify the problem and repair it. There are a number of online tutorials, such as this one.
If the problem involves multiple keys that are not entire rows or columns (e.g., a whole column plus some other keys), the problem is often that something spilled on the keyboard. There are many sources on how to try to repair that. "

Maybe try using one of those air sprays around the keys and seeing if it clears anything up.
If not... maybe just take it back to Officeworks to get their tech services to have a look at it.

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 07:54:08 pm »
+2
Hi.

I got a Lenovo laptop this year from office works and the e, d, c keys are not working at random times but then eventually would work

Could this be something in settings or should I take my laptop to officeworks (I have 6 months warranty left)

What should I do?

Tia!
omg i swear this is a Lenovo issue tho! both mum and I have had lenovos and had the same issue of having to press a letter key a million times to try and get it to type a particular letter, but we've also had Toshiba, acer and Microsoft laptopns and its never been an issue. I think you should defs go take it to officeworks!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 10:10:18 pm »
+3
I also have a lenovo and sometimes have issues with keys. I put it down to stuff getting stuck under the keys and find the key works again after I press it a bunch of times rapidly, but if your product is still within its warranty period you might as well take it in to officeworks for them to look at, especially if you've already tried cleaning out your keyboard. Worst thing they can say is it's not a warranty issue!