Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:44 pm

Author Topic: Dot point  (Read 5744 times)  Share 

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
Dot point
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:33:05 pm »
Hey guys, just wondering if for point physics and chem are any good since I have both of them (I did not purchase them, it's given away)
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

alisoneom

• Trailblazer
  • I set Lisa as my dp to appear a lot smarter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Dot point
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:38:15 pm »
+1
I personally think they're quite good for revision - it's an easy way to make sure that you have covered the entire syllabus and can answer whatever question / content they can ask you in the HSC! Just make sure to use them alongside your class textbook, since Dot Point is designed more for revision, rather than content learning :)
HSC 2018:
English Advanced | Mathematics | Mathematics Extension 1 | Chemistry | Studies of Religion 1 | Music 2 | Music Extension

ATAR Goal: 98+

Dream Course:
- B Science / B Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars including Mathematical Sciences) @ USYD
- B Pharmacy and Management @ USYD

hi.itsjessi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +20
Re: Dot point
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 11:26:23 pm »
+2
Hi there!

I do biology and chemistry and I have also purchased dot point textbooks for both subjects!
I genuinely think that they're amazing, not only as a means of revision, but it's honestly such an amazing way for you to see whether or not you truly understand the content. My justification for purchasing them in the first place was built around the fact that when it comes to the sciences, the syllabus is your holy grail and because the textbooks cover every single dot point in the syllabus- it does a really good job to prepare your understanding of the context potential questions they'll ask in your finals :)

But I would really like to stress that by no means do you have to go out and buy it! You'll hear time and time again that in order to do well in your exams- it's the effort you put in and your preparation. Whilst the textbook is extremely helpful, it isn't essential for you to do well! My analogy is that you could have someone to tutor you for a subject, but if you don't put in the effort, it will definitely show in the form of your marks! Continue working hard and give it your all, I know you'll be fine!!  ;D

Good luck!