Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:08:26 am

Poll

Are you doing ATAR subjects at school

Yes - for uni next year
Yes - not going to uni next year
Yes and no, bit of both - for uni next year
Yes and no, bit of both - not going to uni though
Not at all

Author Topic: ATAR at school?  (Read 5848 times)  Share 

spurcher

• West Australian
  • Adventurer
  • I love science, but not as much as i love Chris xx
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Geraldton Grammar School
  • School Grad Year: 2013
ATAR at school?
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:00:38 pm »
Just wondering how many people are doing ATAR subjects at school currently. My school only offers ATAR subjects so I was wondering how everyone else was structuring their subject selections with this added choice......??
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here to help with anything...
Message me online here or email me at; [email protected]

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
Re: ATAR at school?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 08:52:35 pm »
+2
I don't know much about how WACE works, but out of curiosity what's the difference between the type of subjects that are "ATAR subjects" and subjects that aren't ATAR subjects. I'm assuming that ATAR subjects are subjects that count to your ATAR, and that you have to take a certain number of them.

What would be the motivation for taking subjects that won't count to your ATAR? Are they the vocational type of subjects, are they like extension classes, or are they just regular WACE subjects that you do unscored?

spurcher

• West Australian
  • Adventurer
  • I love science, but not as much as i love Chris xx
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Geraldton Grammar School
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: ATAR at school?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 04:58:25 pm »
I don't know much about how WACE works, but out of curiosity what's the difference between the type of subjects that are "ATAR subjects" and subjects that aren't ATAR subjects. I'm assuming that ATAR subjects are subjects that count to your ATAR, and that you have to take a certain number of them.

What would be the motivation for taking subjects that won't count to your ATAR? Are they the vocational type of subjects, are they like extension classes, or are they just regular WACE subjects that you do unscored?

Yeah, ATAR subjects go towards our ATAR but non-ATAR subjects do not. These often include subjects like jewellers, food etc, but can also just be normal subjects such as biology, physics etc that just dont count towards ATAR
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here to help with anything...
Message me online here or email me at; [email protected]