Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:36:50 am

Author Topic: Geography Question Thread  (Read 38607 times)  Share 

charlottemchenry

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Re: Geography Question Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2018, 04:42:58 pm »
For things where they give you a key or say complete the key then construct eg precis maps, transects, are you allowed to just use coloured pencils rather than come up with symbols?

I don’t do geography so don’t know for sure but I’ve heard for other subjects (eg math) they scan in b&w - hence why we use black pen not blue so maybe don’t just in case or email your teacher
HSC 2018 - Standard English [88] || Mathematics [89] || Biology [89] || Chemistry [83] || Legal Studies [92] || Studies of Religion 1 [45]

Atar:

UTS 2019 - Bachelor of Advanced Science (Infection and Immunity) and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation

horse9996

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2018, 05:04:58 pm »
I don’t do geography so don’t know for sure but I’ve heard for other subjects (eg math) they scan in b&w - hence why we use black pen not blue so maybe don’t just in case or email your teacher

Coloured pencils are on the list of equipment for the exam
HSC 2018
Advanced English (88) | Maths Ext 1(47) | Chemistry (88) | Earth & Environmental Science (94 - 5th in state) | Geography (89)

ATAR 98.2

Bron01

• Adventurer
  • "If you can dream it, you can do it"
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2018, 06:31:01 pm »
Yep it does say it so just use them!! ;D ;D
ATVB yr.12 2018!!
General 2 Maths, English Standard, Senior Science, Geography, Business Studies

Bron01

• Adventurer
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2018, 06:53:27 pm »
I'm using Sao Paulo as a case study for a mega city.
I have a few responses as to challenges (fixing pollution, housing, education, medical)... will this be enough for an essay or should I be using more responses???
If anyone has better responses please suggest them!! :D
ATVB yr.12 2018!!

horse9996

• Trendsetter
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2018, 07:16:49 pm »
I'm using Sao Paulo as a case study for a mega city.
I have a few responses as to challenges (fixing pollution, housing, education, medical)... will this be enough for an essay or should I be using more responses???
If anyone has better responses please suggest them!! :D

As long as you have enough detail to evaluate/examine or whatever the question says. The expected length is 800 words, and I doubt that this year's urban one will be on mega cities. Either world cities (hasn't been asked for a fair few years) or urban dynamics (culture of place hasn't been asked yet, and this area of the topic has much more room to ask a wider range of questions). I'm hoping that it's urban dynamics tbh so that the other 2 qs are good and then urban dynamics won't be in short answer
HSC 2018
Advanced English (88) | Maths Ext 1(47) | Chemistry (88) | Earth & Environmental Science (94 - 5th in state) | Geography (89)

ATAR 98.2

Bron01

• Adventurer
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2018, 08:45:36 pm »
Ok goodo!!
BTW what do you mean by "culture of a place"??
(just so I'm prepared ;D ;D)
ATVB yr.12 2018!!

ophelia_harley

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2019, 06:24:49 pm »
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any notes or a good resource on the biophysical interactions within a rainforest?

Thanks so much  :)

Gavan_Ja

• Adventurer
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2019, 07:49:16 pm »
Hello,

Anyone know of any good resources that help with geo? Like any books, podcasts, websites etc. I'm pretty keen on acing this subject and need some extra resources just to get ahead.
Also, I don't do maths, therefore my skills aren't my forte. However, I feel I should need to nail them because I'll get more marks (obviously). Does anyone have any tips as to how to improve skills. I know an obvious answer is "practice" but is there anything in particular that someone who is really good with the skills does?

Cheers

horse9996

• Trendsetter
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2019, 01:40:36 pm »
Hello,

Anyone know of any good resources that help with geo? Like any books, podcasts, websites etc. I'm pretty keen on acing this subject and need some extra resources just to get ahead.
Also, I don't do maths, therefore my skills aren't my forte. However, I feel I should need to nail them because I'll get more marks (obviously). Does anyone have any tips as to how to improve skills. I know an obvious answer is "practice" but is there anything in particular that someone who is really good with the skills does?

Cheers

I found that there weren't that many resources since it's such a small subject. The main thing is to keep up to date with the news for your case studies (eg the great barrier reef) and do practice questions from past exams. Make sure that you seek feedback on your answers as well, using the marking criteria or even giving them to your teacher.

As for skills, maybe try making a list of them and the tricks involved with each one? Then any you struggle with the most you can ask your teacher to go over in class (there is no point learning stuff that everyone already knows). I don't really have any particular tips, you are right in saying that it's practice since skills is about applying concepts/methods to situations.

Hope this helps :)
HSC 2018

ATAR 98.2

horse9996

• Trendsetter
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2019, 01:45:42 pm »
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any notes or a good resource on the biophysical interactions within a rainforest?

Thanks so much  :)
HSC 2018

ATAR 98.2

andyzamfir

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2019, 02:32:15 pm »
Hi everyone,
Just wondering any of you have past prelim papers of any sort? I've done a ton of skills work so I should be fine for it, it's just structuring respones and time management that I needa work on haha

honeybeemoo

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2020, 08:56:24 pm »
Hi! How do you find the rate of increase in a semi-log graph? Is it just the steepest line or is it, hypothetically, the difference over the given time period, since one side of the axes is logarithmic and judging by the steepness alone is incorrect?