Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:11:43 am

Author Topic: VCE Psychology Question Thread!  (Read 469739 times)  Share 

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
Re: VCE Psychology Question Thread!
« Reply #1545 on: October 29, 2019, 08:52:29 am »
So the transtheoretical model of behaviour change consists of 5 stages
1. Pre - Contemplation
2. Contemplation
3. Preparation
4. Action
5. Maintenance

- From my understanding, the individual can enter and exit from any stage of the model.
- Going through all my notes and other resources it doesn't seem that 'relapse' is a stage of the model, but rather a part of it which can occur at any stage.

However, browsing the web, in the new version of the model there is a 6th stage consisting of termination/relapse.

So I guess that may be why relapse was the answer.

For relapse though, can't you only relapse if you are in the action or maintenance stage? Because you haven't really done anything in the other stages which means you can't relapse.

(: thanks
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #1546 on: October 29, 2019, 09:00:04 am »
+3
For relapse though, can't you only relapse if you are in the action or maintenance stage? Because you haven't really done anything in the other stages which means you can't relapse.

(: thanks

Yes, relapse is common in the action and maintenance stages.

Relapse can be described as a sixth stage, like the study design stating 'maintenance/relapse', however it involves resuming old behaviours. One must start over the transtheoretical model in one of the stages determined by the scenario. Maintenance occurs when the behaviour has been occurring for 6 months or more without relapse. Lapses may occur and the individual may still be considered to be in the maintenance stage.

Personally I do not refer to relapse as a sixth stage, just an episode most possibly occurring in action/maintenance.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

kaylayol

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1547 on: October 29, 2019, 10:56:49 pm »
Hi everyone,
I am currently a year 11 doing 3/4 psych and the exam is almost a day away now but I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if for the exam, we have to write long answers all in extra writing space or can we continue the question (using small handwriting) underneath the last line that is on the question. So will the examiners still read (obv not writing on the no writing space) (sorry for the silly question)

also my teacher kept telling us that we will have blank sheets of paper to make notes on (that's not marked) so that we can use to plan our answers or do little scribbles etc. Is this true?

Lastly, is there any advice for doing well on the exam, I am aiming for 40+ and my SAC scores havent been top  (averaging around 86%) (apparently my school is really harsh on sacs in general) what percentage should i be aiming for in my practise exams to get 40+?? (i have been averaging around 83% so far)

Thanks!!

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #1548 on: October 30, 2019, 10:59:22 am »
Hi everyone,
I am currently a year 11 doing 3/4 psych and the exam is almost a day away now but I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if for the exam, we have to write long answers all in extra writing space or can we continue the question (using small handwriting) underneath the last line that is on the question. So will the examiners still read (obv not writing on the no writing space) (sorry for the silly question)

also my teacher kept telling us that we will have blank sheets of paper to make notes on (that's not marked) so that we can use to plan our answers or do little scribbles etc. Is this true?

Lastly, is there any advice for doing well on the exam, I am aiming for 40+ and my SAC scores havent been top  (averaging around 86%) (apparently my school is really harsh on sacs in general) what percentage should i be aiming for in my practise exams to get 40+?? (i have been averaging around 83% so far)

Thanks!!

Hi

You can write underneath the lines, however, my teacher has told us to refrain from writing on the sides of the page as sometimes when they scan the exams, the writing gets cut off. Also don't write to small, as the examiners need to be able to easily read what you write.

I'm not sure if we get blank sheets of paper to plan out stuff, but you can always use the extra writing space at the back of the exam i guess.

and lastly, all you can focus now is on your exams, so to be hitting the 40+ mark you would need to be getting hitting  83% and above.
( according to https://twmpublications.com/statistics

good luck
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 11:01:04 am by Ionic Doc »
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #1549 on: October 30, 2019, 11:41:11 am »
+1
In my exams we didn't get blank pieces of paper and I'd be surprised if you did, but you can use the extra space at the back and/or request additional booklets if needed

persistent_insomniac

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
  • School: -------
  • School Grad Year: 2019
« Reply #1550 on: October 30, 2019, 03:11:20 pm »
Just to confirm - is breathing slow and shallow during a phobic anxiety response which activates then causes the SNS to be activated to increase breathing rate or is it fast (which is caused by SNS being activated)?

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #1551 on: October 30, 2019, 03:22:17 pm »
+2
Just to confirm - is breathing slow and shallow during a phobic anxiety response which activates then causes the SNS to be activated to increase breathing rate or is it fast (which is caused by SNS being activated)?

When a phobia sufferer encounters their specific phobic stimulus they will display a phobic (fear/anxiety) response, which usually results in the activation of the sympathetic nervous system. When this occurs the individual may hyper-ventilate causing an offset in the balance of oxygen and carbon-dioxide in the body, which is one of the reasons breathing re-training is usuful in treating people with phobia's 
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #1552 on: October 30, 2019, 03:24:22 pm »
+2

sorry just adding onto that, a phobic response results in FAST and shallow breathing, not slow and shallow
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #1553 on: October 30, 2019, 08:42:41 pm »
+3
WO0OO0OO0OO

Hyped for TomoOrow

Good Luck everyone!!!!!
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

LachlanBarr8

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #1554 on: October 31, 2019, 02:07:40 pm »
Howd we go
2019: Psychology [44], Religion & Society [48]

2020: Accounting [41], English [48], Further [45], Methods [37]

ATAR: 99.00

afnan900

• Adventurer
« Reply #1555 on: October 31, 2019, 03:15:27 pm »
+3
Howd we go
Not good at all unfortunately :/

thunderie

• Fresh Poster
  • hello, i procrastinate a lot and draw sometimes
« Reply #1556 on: October 31, 2019, 04:38:51 pm »
Howd we go

ran out of time , couldn't finish it T--T,,,i found it quite harder than the 2018 one tbh (i did a practise on it), spent a bit too long on multiple choice :/
2019: Psychology
2020: English, Bio, Methods, Chem and Allied Health VET

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #1557 on: October 31, 2019, 04:56:34 pm »
A note to try and keep psych exam discussion here, good luck for any remaining exams :)

sarah15

• Adventurer
« Reply #1558 on: December 18, 2019, 05:59:22 pm »
Hi! How could student satisfaction be operationalised as an IV? I was thinking of self report but I don't know how to add more detail  :-\

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #1559 on: December 18, 2019, 06:41:49 pm »
+3
Hi! How could student satisfaction be operationalised as an IV? I was thinking of self report but I don't know how to add more detail  :-\

When operationalising, think of how, how much, and what.

If you’d like to go along the lines of a self report, you can add details such as: the level of satisfaction of students as measured by a 5-point Likert scale relating to their happiness through self-reported data regarding ______ (depends on the scenario as to what you could add here)
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash