Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:14:56 am

Author Topic: Scores  (Read 6907 times)  Share 

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Scores
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 11:16:03 am »
I don't actually see why people are dogpiling on him though. His statements about overestimating SS's are true! His estimates are quite good, but he just lacks tact in criticising others.

bonghead

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Scores
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 12:21:05 pm »
Quote from: "Defiler"
Forums encourage use of structured sentences and things such as: grammar, punctuation and spelling. Also, dropping the arrogant attitude and adopting a one similar to what Ahmad displays would be of benefit to you.

If you support the correct use of "punctuation" and "grammar" (I dont really care), I believe that your sentence "...and adopting a one similar to.." is incorrect and should be "...adopting one..".
ims:   Enter~95

Defiler

Scores
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 12:42:48 pm »
Quote from: "bonghead"
If you support the correct use of "punctuation" and "grammar" (I dont really care), I believe that your sentence "...and adopting a one similar to.." is incorrect and should be "...adopting one..".

You are correct, a mistake on my part. However, such a mistake highly beats out something akin to:
iwas crazi @ metho
. Also, at the end of your quote "...adopting one..". The ellipsis should be fully used, followed by " and then a further full stop, or leave the last full stop out completely, or do not use a second ellipsis and simply close the quotation marks and end with a full stop.

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Scores
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 12:53:01 pm »
Who cares about punctuation?

As long as you get what we are trying to communicate.

Btw, I was crazi at metho should be: I am crazy at metho.
oping for an ENTER of 99+

bonghead

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Scores
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 01:08:11 pm »

You are correct, a mistake on my part. However, such a mistake highly beats out something akin to:
iwas crazi @ metho
. Also, at the end of your quote "...adopting one..". The ellipsis should be fully used, followed by " and then a further full stop, or leave the last full stop out completely, or do not use a second ellipsis and simply close the quotation marks and end with a full stop.

haha i was just trying to be a smart arse (I cant help it) so theres no need to pick on my insignificant use of trivial ellipsis.

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Scores
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 01:09:56 pm »

iwas crazi @ metho

haha i was just trying to be a smart arse (I cant help it) so theres no need to pick on my insignificant use of trivial ellipses.

lol

Imagine we get marked on methods for our punctuation as well as our maths. :P

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
  • Respect: +2
Scores
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 02:12:13 pm »
Well, at least he escaped a rustic_metal pile-on.

We are all civilised people, yes? That first post was uncivilised, and completely self-defeating in purpose. His predictions weren't bad - it was the accusations and the way he went about it that was disconcerting.
ENTER: Incomprehensibly high

bonghead

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Scores
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 03:15:14 pm »
This may be a tad off topic but it is neccessary. I couldn't help but notice Kingmar's portion of his signature stating "kingmar > Tasmania Jones - lifelong ENEMY" I am in a complete state of shock over the manner at which tasmania jones has been treated. Im pretty sure Tasmania Jones> life and should be given legendary status. How can anyone discredit Tasmania Jones?

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
Scores
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 07:19:22 pm »
This may be a tad off topic but it is neccessary. I couldn't help but notice Kingmar's portion of his signature stating "kingmar > Tasmania Jones - lifelong ENEMY" I am in a complete state of shock over the manner at which tasmania jones has been treated. Im pretty sure Tasmania Jones> life and should be given legendary status. How can anyone discredit Tasmania Jones?

Tasmania Jones whipped my methodical arse in that exam. I will not have a bar of it.

This could have been taken care of via PM. But no, public domain requires a signature edit, appropriate until I finally lose interest in Tasmania Jones' horror run.

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Scores
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 07:23:42 pm »
Tasmania Jones was a source of a silly mistake.

This silly mistakes will prove deadly and will help reduce my Methods SS.

Therefor I hate Tasmania Jones(he/she).

golids

Scores
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 08:20:43 pm »
Tasmania treated me alright this time i thought lol. He/she completely fucked me in a couple of his/her previous activities  :lol:

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Scores
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 08:57:18 pm »
There was a prob question in the 2003/04 VCAA test that was pretty annoying with Tassy Jones in it.

bonghead

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Scores
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 09:03:28 pm »
Quote from: "kido_1"

lol haha you put m=0 didnt you? Thats what i did anyway and that mistake will also serve as a terminal illness to my methods SS. Nevertheless, please, people, show a bit of respect for Tasmania Jones. The man (or woman im confused now-maybe both?) :?  is just such a multiskilled motovational genius (he went through deadly insects to get to a diamond). Come on, who else would risk their lives for a diamond. He has done so much for us all.

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Scores
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 09:06:29 pm »
Quote from: "kido_1"

lol haha you put m=0 didnt you? Thats what i did anyway and that mistake will also serve as a terminal illness to my methods SS. Nevertheless, please, people, show a bit of respect for Tasmania Jones. The man (or woman im confused now-maybe both?) :?  is just such a multiskilled motovational genius (he went through deadly insects to get to a diamond). Come on, who else would risk their lives for a diamond. He has done so much for us all.

No, I put m=8000. However I lost a mark in the last question. I put under stressful exam conditions. Time taken= 8hrs-79.9mins NOT 80-79.9 minutes. I hope I still get 2/3 marks.

*Hope*

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
Scores
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 09:15:51 pm »
Tasmania is a MAN. He's never been a woman, who spread that?

In the Board of Studies paper 2000, another "Jones" is mentioned.

Her name is Victoria Jones. Not Tasmania. Tasmania is a man.

Even such a tricky character like Tasmania does not deserve that.

It's not that I got the Tasmania question wrong, its just that I spent 10 minutes trying to graph the bloody equation.