Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:58:11 pm

Author Topic: Ariel Close analysis passages  (Read 1820 times)  Share 

milkshake123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Ariel Close analysis passages
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:38:08 am »
Hey atarnotes,
Can anyone recommend a set of 3 Ariel poems to analyse. Please recommend as much as possible!

anna.comet

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +12
Re: Ariel Close analysis passages
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 05:28:40 pm »
+1
Hi there!

I did Ariel last year, and it was so much fun! Here are some combinations that I tried and found difficult (because the links are not at first very obvious). Make sure that when you are selecting poems for practice, try to compare and contrast the poems that seem the most varied and obscure!

Sheep in Fog, The Arrival of the Bee Box, Words
Lady Lazarus, Letters in November, Munich Mannequins
You're, Words, Daddy

I hope those help! Good luck, and remember with Plath that it's not all about suicide/depression and feminist struggles! Try to come up with some more complex and nuanced contentions! :~)

milkshake123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Ariel Close analysis passages
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 06:16:49 pm »
Hi there!

I did Ariel last year, and it was so much fun! Here are some combinations that I tried and found difficult (because the links are not at first very obvious). Make sure that when you are selecting poems for practice, try to compare and contrast the poems that seem the most varied and obscure!

Sheep in Fog, The Arrival of the Bee Box, Words
Lady Lazarus, Letters in November, Munich Mannequins
You're, Words, Daddy

I hope those help! Good luck, and remember with Plath that it's not all about suicide/depression and feminist struggles! Try to come up with some more complex and nuanced contentions! :~)

Thank you !!!