Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 08:21:03 am

Author Topic: Being Kinder  (Read 3501 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Being Kinder
« on: December 31, 2019, 06:41:34 pm »
+16
Okayyy, okay, ik I'm totally copying someone else *nudge nudge* insanipi. Thanks so much for this idea for a thread and I'm totally sorry for stealing it, but every year one of my resolutions is some iteration of being kinder. In 2020, my goal is no different, but I would really like to document it as a way of motivating and reminding myself! My goal is to do at least one act of kindness for a friend or stranger every week this year (but hopefully heaps more).

I went shopping during the sales and bought some cute scrunchies, nail polish packs, facemasks and bath bombs to leave in the lockers of my friends over the next little while, but I'm going to have to think of some other ideas over summer.

This week I started off by buying two of my friends little presents out of the blue. I caught up with one of my friends who was having a hard time and put together a little pack of things to lift her mood a bit! My other friend's birthday is today (NYE) and it often gets forgotten with the business of Christmas and lull before the new year. They both weren't expecting anything at all which is what made it so fun!

I'm hoping that this will be one of the best and most meaningful threads I create as it is encouraging me to do something good in a world that often seems to be full of so much selfishness and darkness.

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Being Kinder
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 06:55:29 pm »
+7
That was such a thoughtful thing to do!! I agree - theres nothing better than seeing the smiles of friends/family after giving them a cute, and surprising gift!!

Cant wait to see all the kind things you do this year!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:12:21 pm by ArtyDreams »

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 08:04:02 pm »
+7
Awesome thread - I can't wait to see what comes next :) (mainly because I don't know if it is humanly possible to get any kinder than you already are 😂)
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 08:45:57 pm »
+7
Don't be sorry for stealing the idea! In fact, I encourage it- it makes me happy to see others do kind things for others <3

I'll be keeping a keen eye on this thread! :D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 08:25:16 am »
+14
Act 1 ;D
This morning I made some cards full of puns, doodles and smiles for the organisation Cards for Kidz. I'll send them to America where they will be processed and sent to a hospital or other centre for children experiencing illness or trauma.

Act 2 ;D
I also wrote a thank-you note to one of the teachers who I had the pleasure of volunteering for this year. She was so wonderful with the kids and I just wanted to thank her for all she did for them and for letting me tag along for the journey!

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 11:27:30 am »
+3
Act 1 ;D
This morning I made some cards full of puns, doodles and smiles for the organisation Cards for Kidz. I'll send them to America where they will be processed and sent to a hospital or other centre for children experiencing illness or trauma.

(Image removed from quote.)

Act 2 ;D
I also wrote a thank-you note to one of the teachers who I had the pleasure of volunteering for this year. She was so wonderful with the kids and I just wanted to thank her for all she did for them and for letting me tag along for the journey!

Laura I really like these!😁😁 They are fantastic and I'm sure the children will love them, and feel better😀

For Act 2, that's awesome continue the awesome work Laura!  👏

(Also, I really like how you have worded the cards too)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 10:43:46 pm »
+12
Act 3  ;D
I went to visit a friend in hospital and made some of her favourite sweet treats to take with me. I’ve learnt a lot about gluten free baking because of her, and I have finally found a recipe for cakes that aren’t rocks.

Act 4  ;D
I made a set of “Open When” letters for one of my friends as a surprise for her! I saw her today, and put them in the bottom of her bag when she left it with me, so they really will be a surprise when she discovers them!

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 11:04:52 am »
+3
Beautiful cupcakes laura_! Your acts are very heartwarming  :)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 10:29:33 pm »
+8

//

//

//

//

thanks y'all <3

---------------------------------------------
Act 5
I went to see a friend today and I got her a little present and made her a card just to say thanks for how wonderful she is and how much I appreciate her company and friendship!

Act 6
Bought chocolate for kids at work. It was thoroughly enjoyed! ;D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 08:44:56 pm »
+8
Act 7
Today I went to the beach with some of my friends. We bought a pack of icecreams at Woolies and had some leftover. I saw some kids walking along the beach so we offered the extras to them and their parents. Big smiles all round. ;D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 08:54:02 pm »
+4
Act 7
Today I went to the beach with some of my friends. We bought a pack of icecreams at Woolies and had some leftover. I saw some kids walking along the beach so we offered the extras to them and their parents. Big smiles all round. ;D
That's really thoughtful, Laura! :)

Sometimes, it's the smiles that make it worth the action! :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 12:47:42 pm »
+8
Act 8
A little gift for a friend, just because!

Act 9
My sister is going on a camp and she was a little nervous about being away from home for so long and meeting so many new people so I snuck some treats into her bag for her to enjoy with her cabin. ;D

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »
+2
That is so sweet!
Your handwriting is amazing... secretly jealous
That will be a nice surprise for you sister, lets just hope the teacher doesn't confiscate them. They can be a bit strict when it comes to that.
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 03:18:13 pm »
+1
These are so kind Laura! I'm sure both your friend and sister will love the gift and lollies! ;D

Keep up the great work!  ;D
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 06:19:34 pm »
+9
Act 10
Today I went to visit a friend in hospital and bought her and her nurse each a coffee on my way to surprise them.