Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:17:09 pm

Author Topic: VCE Checkpoints - Worth it?  (Read 2551 times)  Share 

TBROCK15

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
VCE Checkpoints - Worth it?
« on: January 04, 2022, 01:50:29 pm »
Hi, not sure if this fits in any sort of bigger topic but anyways,

I am wondering that depending on my subjects should I buy the VCE Checkpoints or similar book?

I am in year 11 doing Maths Methods 3/4 and Software Development 3/4. I know the methods one might be good just for more questions and stuff. Also I have English 1/2 (Right now I have to do Tim Winton's short stories: Distant Lands, No Memory Comes and The Water was Dark and Went Forever Down), Physics 1/2 and Chemistry 1/2.

Is it worth buying the VCE Checkpoints book/s or any other resources for these subjects?

Thanks  :)
2022: Software Development 3/4, Methods 3/4
2023 Probably: English 3/4, Chemistry 3/4, Physics 3/4, Spesh 3/4

anushkkaa

• Fresh Poster
Re: VCE Checkpoints - Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 07:05:10 pm »
+3
Hi, not sure if this fits in any sort of bigger topic but anyways,

I am wondering that depending on my subjects should I buy the VCE Checkpoints or similar book?

I am in year 11 doing Maths Methods 3/4 and Software Development 3/4. I know the methods one might be good just for more questions and stuff. Also I have English 1/2 (Right now I have to do Tim Winton's short stories: Distant Lands, No Memory Comes and The Water was Dark and Went Forever Down), Physics 1/2 and Chemistry 1/2.

Is it worth buying the VCE Checkpoints book/s or any other resources for these subjects?

Thanks  :)

Hey TBROCK,
Yes!! VCE checkpoints are really helpful and I would definitely recommend buying these resources for your subjects.
Checkpoints are great for exam practice throughout the year, allowing you to get used to exam questions little by little over a span of time instead of panicking at the end of the year. They are also great for additional end of chapter support for each subject and SAC preparation :)

wingdings2791

• Trendsetter
  • I'm going back to the start
  • Respect: +108
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 10:43:42 pm »
+1
I think this definitely depends on the subject but overall Checkpoints may be a good investment. They get a lot of disses for being what kind of looks like just expensively repackaged VCAA questions, but do actually contain a lot of original questions.

I think the great thing about them is that Checkpoints are all organised by AOS and topics; a massive time saver when preparing for SACs, which is honestly also where the value for money comes from. Personally, I used them throughout VCE and whilst I didn't do every question (and avoided some of the 2018-present ones until exam prep), I found the inclusion of student stats and overall format very useful. Particularly for Methods, I'd probably recommend getting them to get in that exam practice throughout the year.
ATAR: 99.75
UCAT: 95th

2022-2025: B. Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours) @ Monash

TBROCK15

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 07:11:05 pm »
+1
Thanks, yeah I already got a Methods 1&2 VCE Checkpoints that I used somewhat throughout the year for sac revision. I think I'll end up getting the Methods 3/4 just in case I really do end up needed it for exam/sac stuff. I just wanted to know if it would be worth looking into a chem or physics one. Cheers though!!
2022: Software Development 3/4, Methods 3/4
2023 Probably: English 3/4, Chemistry 3/4, Physics 3/4, Spesh 3/4

SmartWorker

• Forum Obsessive
  • Wake determined. Sleep Satisfied.
  • Respect: +79
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 07:52:53 pm »
+2
Thanks, yeah I already got a Methods 1&2 VCE Checkpoints that I used somewhat throughout the year for sac revision. I think I'll end up getting the Methods 3/4 just in case I really do end up needed it for exam/sac stuff. I just wanted to know if it would be worth looking into a chem or physics one. Cheers though!!

Yes definitely worth it for chemistry and possibly even for physics (don't know because i didn't use it haha). For chemistry your checkpoints is arranged by each area of study so as others have mentioned above it can be very helpful after you completed a specific topic and want to test your knowledge :)
Advice to smash Biology ¾:

2021 VCE - 99.35

Tutoring Bio, Chem, English, Methods 1/2 & 3/4 for 2022. DM if interested

Want some advice for VCE? 👇

https://youtu.be/zq0xsaE9GJ4