Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 07:50:43 pm

Author Topic: Will I get an offer for my 2nd preference if I accept my first?  (Read 3249 times)  Share 

Student2002

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Will I get an offer for my 2nd preference if I accept my first?
« on: November 23, 2021, 04:05:16 pm »
I am a senior student and have already received an offer for my first preference at unimelb, however I am still unsure whether I want to enroll in my first or second preference (Monash) course I have on VTAC, if I accept the offer of my first preference will I still have the potential to get an offer from my second preference in the following rounds of offers?
2019: Biology [42]
2020: Chemistry [24] Methods [29] English [41] Economics [40] Business Management [48]

ATAR: 96.90

2021: Bachelor of Commerce (UniMelb)

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Will I get an offer for my 2nd preference if I accept my first?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 05:23:30 pm »
If you get your first preference, you will not get an offer for your second or lower preferences unless you move the preferences around to make your second preference first during the change of preference period. You can find the change of preference period here.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Mackenzie Aps

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Will I get an offer for my 2nd preference if I accept my first?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 07:06:47 pm »
Not sure if anyone can help me on this forum but looking for some advice, I've left replies with UoM, Monash. Re how much SEAS will apply with course offerings this year/next year. I received an ATAR of 89.15 which means I'm short from getting into undergraduate Commerce degree at UoM.  My goal was Law but obviously I miss out a fair bit from Law at Monash. The Careers advisor at my school is suggesting I put Deakin Law/Commerce or Law/Science within my first 1 to 3 preferences to secure a position there in the first round offer, as highly likely I will get as I get subject adjustments to secure the 91/91.75 ATAR requirement.  My concern is that not many people I know go to Deakin and usually Melb/Monash (I've come from a top boys grammar school in Melb) are the go to unis for Law or Commerce pathways.  Is anyone out there able to guide me with the Deakin Law with Commerce/Science options like and reputation.